Ranger Keypad

Snorebaby

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 SuperCrew, 1996 Ranger XLT Supercab, 2013 XLT F150 (Wife's), 1990 Honda Goldwing, 2015 Honda Goldwing
Vehicle Showcase
A new keypad has been ordered. Ford says battery can't be replaced, but obviously they can be. May use gas door option also. I hope these batteries aren't a common issue. Mine didn't last 2 months.
Mine just quit today. Gonna take it to the dealer on friday (working nights this week). I hope this isn't gonna be a constant issue.

Can you replace the batteries without taking it off the door?
Sponsored

djrobb

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Tacoma 4dr Sport Long Bed
Vehicle Showcase
I got the aftermarket. Stuck on the back. Gonna move it because it’s so ugly! But it is convenient on the back for loading things in the locked bed. I might move it to the right of the license plate on the black part under the key slot for the spare tire. I tried there first but it wouldn’t stick.

It definitely looks best hidden in the gas cap! I had to have the dealer to the initial programming. That was a rip off. Waited more than an hour and $75.

816C9768-A178-4B93-8880-1E700AE3CE48.jpeg

dguffin

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Corsair, 19 Ranger, 12 Boss, 08 Zuma
Occupation
Shop Foreman
Vehicle Showcase
I've had a new key pad ordered for quite sometime now. It's back ordered. I finally removed inop pad from door and disassembled to replace battery for now. Old battery was completely dead. Installed new battery and installed inside fuel door for now until concern is figured out. So far people getting new pads, don't seem to last very long either. Once you know what to do to replace battery, it probably could be done without removing completely from door. This should of been a hard wired accessory from the factory to start with. Not factory invoiced, with a battery when ordered with the vehicle.

Anthony

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 SCrew
Occupation
COO
Vehicle Showcase
I had the battery operated one from the factory on my Focus and it never went dead in the four years I had it.

Wonder what is different about this one that may be causing issues?

Has anyone had batteries go dead that they replaced with their own batteries? Or have these all been Ford factory batteries (maybe a really old stash from the supplier?)

OP
OP
chasvs

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2017 MB GLE350, 2006 Porsche Cayman S
Vehicle Showcase
I've had a new key pad ordered for quite sometime now. It's back ordered. I finally removed inop pad from door and disassembled to replace battery for now. Old battery was completely dead. Installed new battery and installed inside fuel door for now until concern is figured out. So far people getting new pads, don't seem to last very long either. Once you know what to do to replace battery, it probably could be done without removing completely from door. This should of been a hard wired accessory from the factory to start with. Not factory invoiced, with a battery when ordered with the vehicle.
Since this is a rdesign of the Global Ranger of the last few years, I bet they didn't want to redo a wiring harness and other issues to add a Keypad. Would expect the Gen6 which is due in a few years will have this built in if Keypads are still a thing Ford is going to be offering.

Mustang2Ranger

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Lariat-FX4,4X4,White Platinum; 06 Escape
I had the battery operated one from the factory on my Focus and it never went dead in the four years I had it.

Wonder what is different about this one that may be causing issues?

Has anyone had batteries go dead that they replaced with their own batteries? Or have these all been Ford factory batteries (maybe a really old stash from the supplier?)
I replaced mine twice with my own batteries, volt tested before @4v, and 0 afterwards. there is some sort of draw killing it, lasted 3-4 days each time

Stevie Gee

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Rancho Santa Margarita (Orange County),CA
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
Retired Fed - H.U.D. (Housing and Urban Development)
Vehicle Showcase
I replaced mine twice with my own batteries, volt tested before @4v, and 0 afterwards. there is some sort of draw killing it, lasted 3-4 days each time
Be sure you are using LITHIUM batteries.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab

zendick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Sport
Mine died, replaced battery after waiting a month for dealer to replace mine "it's on back order". Why is everyone else getting them if it is on back order?

dguffin

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Corsair, 19 Ranger, 12 Boss, 08 Zuma
Occupation
Shop Foreman
Vehicle Showcase
Mine died, replaced battery after waiting a month for dealer to replace mine "it's on back order". Why is everyone else getting them if it is on back order?
Mine has been on back order for over a month also.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
dealer changed the battery in mine. some dealers seem unable/unwilling to do that.

Groundginger

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT (on order)
Where did y’all locate the factory code? I can’t find mine anywhere??????
Sponsored