Sponsored

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
It is my understanding that the LS1 is a relatively small package so that's one of the reasons that you see so many LS1 swaps. The 5.0 Coyote is a really large engine, though. I could see where an LS1 could fit (I've seen them in Miatas before) but the Coyote could very well be too large for the Ranger. Don't forget that it is DOHC with dual injection and all that fun stuff that makes for a much bigger and less manageable solution for a direct swap.

The LS1 being cam in block and pushrod makes it very narrow when compared with Ford DOHC OHV with the variable cam timing sticking out even wider. You'd have to saw a ranger down the middle and fab in a center section to fit one, even the 3.5 or 2.7 are too fat.

I would almost think just getting a stripped 4WD extended cab with a BFT upgrade, intercooler, fuel and a tune and you might be touching the 10's.
If you could get a single cab, and do a turbo upgrade, you'd definitely be there, it wouldn't sound as good, but people wouldn't expect it, and it would handle better on road because the engine would weigh half as much as an LS1

I'm all for being unique, I'm guessing you'll find one in the junk yard eventually to fulfill your fantasy of an LS1 2019 Ranger.