First Encounter in the "Wild" (Ranger's Spotted Megathread)

OP
OP

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
Was it diesel? I'll be sort of sad if they bring out a diesel within the next 2 years.
Sponsored

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
Was it diesel? I'll be sort of sad if they bring out a diesel within the next 2 years.
There's very little chance of that in this market. It's too hard to make a compelling option that meets current emissions standards.

Srgraham1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XL STX
Vehicle Showcase
There's very little chance of that in this market. It's too hard to make a compelling option that meets current emissions standards.
I could not confirm if diesel or not. He was at a stand still in ramp traffic and I cruised by rather quick.

OP
OP

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
I understand that (and coming from a compact diesel SUV, I know what people will do to keep one). That said, I have friends who work for Bosch, and they were testing the Diesel F150 at least 5 years ago, and now you can buy one off the lot.

My guess is if it's in LHD trim, and an actual diesel model, that it will come out within 2-5 years (Hello Colorado Diesel...) If it's still in RHD trim, then it's probably not happening.

BDoc

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4 SCrew
Occupation
US Air Force, retired; now Civil Service (USAF)
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve seen a handful out there, none yet while I was in mine so no opportunity to wave at anyone yet.

I was just telling my wife tonight that I’m enjoying this period when mine is unique around town..before they make a bajillion of them and it just blends in. That wasn’t “the” reason by any means but it was something I thought about when I was weighing Ranger vs F-150. I know the 150 guys won’t want to hear this but they’re just not that special anymore.
Funny thing, this is one of the reasons I ordered the Black App Pkg on mine. I figured they would be less "common", at least for this MY in addition to looking great. Interestingly, I decided to do a search on-line for any trucks with the BAP in the Puget Sound area and there are exactly 4 coming to this region (all being built this week or next) as dealer stock and 3 of them are black; the 4th is Magnetic. So mine may be a little more unique since it's Lightning Blue.

I've seen 7 new Rangers in the wild around this area since Feb-ish. And one of them I've seen twice in the last week.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
I understand that (and coming from a compact diesel SUV, I know what people will do to keep one). That said, I have friends who work for Bosch, and they were testing the Diesel F150 at least 5 years ago, and now you can buy one off the lot.

My guess is if it's in LHD trim, and an actual diesel model, that it will come out within 2-5 years (Hello Colorado Diesel...) If it's still in RHD trim, then it's probably not happening.
My other car is a diesel that I've been driving for more than 15 years, and I love it. Regardless, I think the current diesel options are a waste of money for the vast majority of people--which makes it that much harder to justify the development costs for the smaller and smaller slice of the market where they do make sense. As a specific example, I see no reason at all to buy a colorado diesel over the ecoboost in the ranger. It costs more to buy, has less power, costs as much or more to operate, and probably won't be any more reliable. The reasons to buy a diesel in the old days mostly don't exist anymore, and at the end of the day habit alone isn't a good reason to invest hundreds of millions of dollars in a new product offering.

lobsta11

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FX4 magnetic grey, 302A & tech pkg. 2019 is gone. XLT super cab, ingot silver, 302a, tow & tech packages
Still haven't seen one other than the one I just picked up.
Al

Daniel Scarbrough

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RANGER FX4 LARIAT W/ SPORT PACKAGE 501A {HOT PEPPER RED}
Saw a White Lariat Supercrew with chrome grille on way to work yesterday. 64West by Boulevard exit in Richmond,VA. First I've seen other than my Hot Pepper Red Lariat Sport FX4

Snorebaby

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 SuperCrew, 1996 Ranger XLT Supercab, 2013 XLT F150 (Wife's), 1990 Honda Goldwing, 2015 Honda Goldwing
Vehicle Showcase
While traveling from Georgia to Wisconsin....I have 3 confirmed sightings. A Magnetic in Kentucky while I was gassing up, a Magnetic in Illinois traveling some backroads to avoid Chicago and a Lightening Blue Sport tonight in Racine, Wisconsin at an Olive Garden. We are traveling in the wife's F-150 as we are pulling the Wing in the trailer and I don't have a TBC for the Ranger yet.

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 silverado
I saw two today in Morgantown WV. today. Both were white. One was a super cab. the other one was a super crew.

sjeagles

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat, 2017 Ford Explorer XLT
Occupation
Public Safety
Vehicle Showcase
Passed a white STX today in EHT, NJ

Caliope

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger CC 4WD Lariat, 2022 Bronco Sport OB
Saw my first one in the wild, Magnetic XLT CC 4x4. I am kinda of surprised I haven't seen one sooner. In this area there are 5 Ford dealerships within a 10 mile radius of my house.

LewisLegacy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
Finally saw another one on the road today. Another HPR driving opposite me on County Line Rd. here in Kettering, OH omw to work this morning. Barely realized it was another ranger, they were hauling %#@. Probably running late.
Sponsored