First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ford Ranger Lariat,MB GLK250,’21 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Retired
I’m liking Mothers CMX. Easy on easy off. Terrific shine.

EDIT: I like the shine of the Mothers but it just doesn’t last. I switched to Turtle Wax Seal and Shine. After a month it still beads like a duck. Super smooth. Who’d a thunk?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Robert Jay

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT and 2008 Porsche Carrera 4S
Occupation
Retired Antique Dealer
I used to be obsessed with detailing products but nowadays I keep it simple .. I throughly clean it then I’ll use meguiars hybrid ceramic wax every couple months and I’ll use p&s beadmaker after every wash to help with the drying and water spots

2BB3C3B9-FA72-408C-9877-BB3B82E78A40.jpeg
Ok, You definitely win! Looks great. What the hell is P&S beaemaker?

Robert Jay

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Antique Dealer
I’m liking Mothers CMX. Easy on easy off. Terrific shine.
Prove it. I wanna see. Terrific shine. Sorry but you put it out there. Look forward to seeing your Ranger.

Robert Jay

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Antique Dealer
I'm still on the fence about doing the ceramic coating - it needs to sit for like 24 hours?

I also watched this video:

And they said it was a pain to remove. They said it was the consistency of syrup. Did you find that to be the case? How long did it take you to do the truck?
Is your Ranger Black like the pics or White like your profile photo?

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase

MSG W

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat everything on it but Chrome Package
Vehicle Showcase
I used Meguir's Hybrid Ceramic Wax on my Ranger and my wife did her Acura. I think reused to much, but is so easy to over apply. We both sprayed on a wet service and rubbed it in, then dried. for a test a then did the apples and spray and rinsed off, then dried. i found it easy to use. I did notice that my wife white Acura had a haze. So with out her looked i damped a micro fiber towel and ran it over the hood, then with another micro fiber towel, wipe it down. It took the haze away. Really easy to use. worked on glass, and plastic trim with no residue. Just for fun I also did one tire to see what it looked like. It did not shine the tire like a tire dressing. It feel smooth, and looks good. I will use this as a dryer agent. i did not use a clay bar, just a basic wash prior to application.

jh13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat
I did a coat of the Meguiars Hybrid last weekend. Probably added about 10 minutes to my wash. It rained yesterday and it beaded up water very well. We’ll see how well it hold up, but even if you have to apply it much more frequently than standard wax, at ten minutes a coat it’s still worth it.

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Mine is white - Platinum white
Like myself, you have PW. I bought white so I don't HAVE to worry about it being shiny. White looks clean no matter what is used on it (or better what's not used on it). VERY forgiving. I won't install the new "ceramic" stuff. I don't want anything that will be hard to remove. Any good "wax" will suffice nowadays. Especially on a white truck.

The paint doesn't heat up either like dark vehicles, That has to be a plus!!???

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Like myself, you have PW. I bought white so I don't HAVE to worry about it being shiny. White looks clean no matter what is used on it (or better what's not used on it). VERY forgiving. I won't install the new "ceramic" stuff. I don't want anything that will be hard to remove. Any good "wax" will suffice nowadays. Especially on a white truck.

The paint doesn't heat up either like dark vehicles, That has to be a plus!!???
I've been on the fence about ceramic coating not for the shiny/glossy part, but for the scratch protection. I'm getting the feeling that the scratch protection capability of ceramic coating is overstated. I'm thinking if I want true scratch protection I will need to go the paint protection film route. I've already gotten 3 small chips in the front bumper. I'd also like something to protect both the headlights and the taillights as well since they are both VERY expensive if one were to develop a crack or a major scratch.

So far, I'm very happy with my choice of Platinum White - it does not heat up nearly as much as darker colors and it hides more imperfections for sure.

treimche

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SOLD. 2005 S2000
Occupation
Accountant
Ceramic coating isn't going to help against rock chips at all, but should help against very fine scratches and swirls. It definitely helps when washing the vehicle, since it is slick to the touch, it doesn't get as dirty as untreated paint. If you really want to protect the paint from chips and scratches, you have to get paint protection. Paint protection films have gotten a lot better recently, and there are also spray on paint protection products that are invisible, and have no seams or ugly lines.

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
I got white also for the forgiveness to showing scratches. In AZ the cactus and trees will scratch everything. These products will cover up scratches but will not stop from getting them.

Sandman Ranger

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Crew Cab 4x4 Saber
Occupation
Lead Process Engineer
I might have missed it but for those with white, your friend is Iron-X. White will get small rust dots over time. Use Iron-X about every 6 moths. Wash, then spray Iron-X, spray off, then light wash again. Wax or coat.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I got white also for the forgiveness to showing scratches. In AZ the cactus and trees will scratch everything. These products will cover up scratches but will not stop from getting them.
Up here the brush on the sides of the forest service roads can get pretty bad and it scratches your paint. That is the biggest reason I bought white as it hides it better than darker colors. I'm starting to see some other benefits of white (less heat buildup in the sun) as well.

I may just try and do a clear bra type thing on the front and taillights and deal with the scratches as they come. I had some really good stuff on my grey ranger - it did a wonderful job of hiding the scratches - until it wore off and then you could see them. But when it was fresh, you had to look really hard to see them. It was tailored for dark colors so I may end up trying a light colored version of the same product when I get the scratches. I'd rally like to help prevent the rock chips on the front end though.

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
I might have missed it but for those with white, your friend is Iron-X. White will get small rust dots over time. Use Iron-X about every 6 moths. Wash, then spray Iron-X, spray off, then light wash again. Wax or coat.
Dont have to worry about rust here in AZ, it is a dry heat. :wink:
Sponsored