Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase
So....finding a set of non-off road looking 18x8 wheels with a 6x5.5" (139.7) with a 55mm (or close) offset is a no-go, at least the 1 or 2 I did find, I didn't like. BUT, I'm wondering how hard it would be to find and swap the hub assemblies to a 5x5.5" bolt pattern, as there are many more wheel choices for us that want to make more of a street truck. Any ideas as to where to find such info ? Is it even realistically possible without being cost prohibitive---say around or less than $1000-$1500 ??

Anyone ???

Edit--Just thought about it for a minute....the fronts would be easy...the rear would require new axles... :frown:
Sponsored

Marshal.

First Name
Marshal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger, 1979 Mazda rx7
You’d likely have better luck removing them, taking them to a machine shop to Re drill the assemblies, and press in new studs

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
Wheels will come, I've seen a lot of nice looking wheels. Go peruse some build threads and see what you find, I think you'll be surprised.

Swapping to F150 6 lug hubs would be my choice, IDK why they didn't just make them the same so I could run raptor take-offs...

RodSlinger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Dakota
Is it even realistically possible without being cost prohibitive---say around or less than $1000-$1500 ??

Anyone ???

Edit--Just thought about it for a minute....the fronts would be easy...the rear would require new axles... :frown:
Maybe not a 5 lug swap but easy enough to get adapters for a different 6 lug pattern.

https://www.uswheeladapters.com/6-lug-wheel-adapters/

Might find more options on the patterns for six lug Tacoma, Colorado, Frontier or Dakota wheels. The Dodge Viper ran a 6x4.5 for many years so there are several street style wheels in that pattern.

OP
OP
Rinn69

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase
Wheels will come, I've seen a lot of nice looking wheels. Go peruse some build threads and see what you find, I think you'll be surprised.
The best offset I could find in a 18x8, 6x5.5" is 30mm, where the stock offset is 55mm. Too much of a difference for me.
I'm looking for something along these lines:

6 spoke wheel.jpg

12 spoke wheel.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited: