Sponsored

Dennis Hebert

First Name
dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
For some reason referring to the 'S' position on the shifter as the 'Sport mode' seems silly. I know that is what it is called but it still seems silly to me. I like to refer to it a select mode even tho that sounds wrong too.

I hadn't realized that S mode disabled the auto stop. Although that will be irrelevant for me when I install my dis-able circuitry package.
I was interested in the dis-able circuitry package for stop/start. Is this from Ford and will it void the warranty. Everyone I talked to says they hate this feature including staff at Ford dealership. They told me that this is their most frequent complaint from customers. There should be a way that we can voice our displeasure with Ford for a fix.

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Oilfield Service Company Area Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
I was interested in the dis-able circuitry package for stop/start. Is this from Ford and will it void the warranty. Everyone I talked to says they hate this feature including staff at Ford dealership. They told me that this is their most frequent complaint from customers. There should be a way that we can voice our displeasure with Ford for a fix.
https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/autostop-installed.3265/
https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/odbii-auto-start-stop-eliminator-129.3156/

Here's some threads to help you out.

No, it's not from FORD, it's a workaround for those that can't live w/ the ASS function and push a button to disable it each time they drive.

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
As long as the Government has automotive companies buying "carbon credits" we will get stupid features like ASS, and 0w20 oil in our high performance turbo motors... It's rediculous, but it's the only way they can sell us a reasonably good product.

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Fort Mill/Indian Land area South Carolina
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat Sport and 19 Lincoln MKC Reserve
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
As long as the Government has automotive companies buying "carbon credits" we will get stupid features like ASS, and 0w20 oil in our high performance turbo motors... It's rediculous, but it's the only way they can sell us a reasonably good product.
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Johnpenn

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4, 2004 Corvette, 2005 Ranger Edge
Occupation
Retired Quality and EHS Manager
I'm wondering if the Forscan method of disabling ASS is exactly the same as using the device. Maybe I missed it but can anyone tell me?

toddiscdn

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4X4
I'm wondering if the Forscan method of disabling ASS is exactly the same as using the device. Maybe I missed it but can anyone tell me?
Nope, Forscan does it by disabling the BMS(battery management sytems) and honestly I do not know what or if there are other issues with this.

The Auto stop eliminator(not the OBDII one) some how remembers you last setting at S/D, which will most likely be off, but leaves the button fully functional if you ever want to turn it back on.

Hounddog409

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Vehicle Showcase
I just use stop start and don't worry about it. I find it a bit dumb that it turns on going into park, but if I notice I'll power off first.
Agreed, I dont get all the hate for the auto stop. Who cares? Its saves gas so is good in my book.

And it just takes a few tries to get the feel for the brake and how hard to press or not to control when it activates.

Most if the time, I dont even notice it.
Sponsored