Putting Gas in the Ranger

mntbighker

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4
My Cali Ranger refuses to fill without manually holding the nozzle too. Very freakin annoying.

Reactions: Ric

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
Meh, you were doing better bitching about lawyers. Take a break.
Thank you!:rolleyes:
It was pretty good wasn't it!:blush:
OK... I'll give it a break:like:

Last edited:

Ross Del Duca

First Name
Del Duca
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Rangel Lariat FX4, 1946 Willys CJ2A
i can not get the latch on the gas nozzle to stay on when pumping gas. I have to hold the handle or the gas stops pumping. I drive lots so this a regularly recurring annoyance.
I'm going to guess you... live in California? I have the same issue. It is due to the Vapor recovery system on CA pumps. Pumps without them... no problem.

I found that if I just gently push the handle INTO the spout a little it stays in place. Not hands-free, but not as bad as squeezing the handle the whole time. Compromises....

OP
OP

Ric

First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
I'm going to guess you... live in California? I have the same issue. It is due to the Vapor recovery system on CA pumps. Pumps without them... no problem.

I found that if I just gently push the handle INTO the spout a little it stays in place. Not hands-free, but not as bad as squeezing the handle the whole time. Compromises....
Good to know, I will definitely try this method. Thanks for the suggestion. Ric

Jon_H

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger 4WD FX4, 1998 Toyota Tacoma 4WD
I live in CA and have experienced the no-fill problem at a few stations. I have found that if you pull a little past or stay a little short of the dispenser so the hose and nozzle are on an angle, it fills to the top just fine.

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, it's just lawyers. Not at all related to air quality. I suspect it's just been long enough that people don't really remember how bad the air was at service stations before the vapor recovery hoses were invented, so they bitch out of honest ignorance rather than malice?
LOL, No recovery hoses here in Fl and the air is just fine!

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase

We have the vapor recovery hoses here in Oregon, but I've not seen that problem. Although we don't have self service gas - the attendants haven't seemed to have problems when filling my truck.

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
We have the vapor recovery hoses here in Oregon, but I've not seen that problem. Although we don't have self service gas - the attendants haven't seemed to have problems when filling my truck.
Well, that’s interesting. I didn’t know there were still “full service” stations! I wish we had some in this neck of the woods (not that I mind pumping my own gas;)). It would just be nice to drive up & have someone fill my car up & check the fluid levels, etc, though my husband does a great job of that:like:.

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
Addendum: and yes I can check all that too!:)
Sponsored