RCMUSTANG

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion 1995 Ranger
Sorry I've tried everything I can think of and can't get the wires to release

I've pulled back the side tab and my pins won't come free.
Keep a screwdriver wedged in the wide tab. It will come out.
Sponsored

skibuff

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Escape / 2019 Ford Ranger XLT Lighting Blue
Keep a screwdriver wedged in the wide tab. It will come out.
Yes I had the side wedged out while working on it. I finally got it to come out but the tip if the connector came off so please see if they will send out replace with harnesses for left side drive.

OP
OP
RCMUSTANG

RCMUSTANG

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion 1995 Ranger
Yes I had the side wedged out while working on it. I finally got it to come out but the tip if the connector came off so please see if they will send out replace with harnesses for left side drive.
PM me a pic please.

OP
OP
RCMUSTANG

RCMUSTANG

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion 1995 Ranger
To the first 22 I apologize that some rewiring has to be done. I didn't test the passenger side switch and here we are. The fix is posted and is doable with 2 tiny flat screwdrivers and a little patience. Just follow the directions and do them in pairs as listed and you won't get mixed up. If it's beyond your abilities you can send the harness back to me and I'll swap the wires. Any modules from this date forward will have all the wiring corrected before they get to me. I have already rewired the 5 remaining kits that have yet to ship and tested them on my truck personally.

OP
OP
RCMUSTANG

RCMUSTANG

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion 1995 Ranger
Here is a video of how to get the terminals to release.

Pirategrad

First Name
Clem
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
To the first 22 I apologize that some rewiring has to be done. I didn't test the passenger side switch and here we are. The fix is posted and is doable with 2 tiny flat screwdrivers and a little patience. Just follow the directions and do them in pairs as listed and you won't get mixed up. If it's beyond your abilities you can send the harness back to me and I'll swap the wires. Any modules from this date forward will have all the wiring corrected before they get to me. I have already rewired the 5 remaining kits that have yet to ship and tested them on my truck personally.
Thanks RCMustang! I appreciate all you’ve done and I’m sure we will all be good. Can’t wait to have this installed.

Anthony

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 SCrew
Occupation
COO
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for details on the wiring (and glad I decided not to do this yesterday!). Am I missing a video or tutorial on how to install this altogether? I saw your build thread, but it doesn't seem to go into how it was installed (what to remove to get the module in, etc...).

If I missed it, apologies.

Jmeo

First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2019 Ford Ranger SC Lariat
Occupation
Captain, Firefighter
Got mine yesterday, thank you. I will get the wires swapped out and hopefully get my truck this coming Monday

Godzilla_Driver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT Ranger Super Crew
I am here to admit that I am one of the last ones to send payment due to life kicking me in the nuts recently. I want to stand and publicly announce that RCMUSTANG is awesome for doing any of this and for his patience in dealing with us schmucks. ;) I shall name a future pet after you.

:clap: :rockon:

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
How is everyone getting these so fast? I must live in the sticks or something :)

OP
OP
RCMUSTANG

RCMUSTANG

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion 1995 Ranger
How is everyone getting these so fast? I must live in the sticks or something :)
I haven't sent yours yet. You sent payment after the first batch went out. That's why you haven't received a tracking number yet. The benefit, I've rewired yours already.

OP
OP
RCMUSTANG

RCMUSTANG

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion 1995 Ranger
Thanks for details on the wiring (and glad I decided not to do this yesterday!). Am I missing a video or tutorial on how to install this altogether? I saw your build thread, but it doesn't seem to go into how it was installed (what to remove to get the module in, etc...).

If I missed it, apologies.
I did a passenger side module only first before I found the 4 window module. It comes with instructions. Follow those. The difference is we discovered that the function for the front windows need to be swapped because of the right hand drive/left hand drive. Future harnesses will be produced based on right or left hand drive. The video I posted was to help people figure out how to do the rewire.

Anthony

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 SCrew
Occupation
COO
Vehicle Showcase
I did a passenger side module only first before I found the 4 window module. It comes with instructions. Follow those. The difference is we discovered that the function for the front windows need to be swapped because of the right hand drive/left hand drive. Future harnesses will be produced based on right or left hand drive. The video I posted was to help people figure out how to do the rewire.
Thanks, I guess my bigger question was what needs to be removed from the door to install this. Does the entire panel need to be removed? Or just a small part? Or is the in the instructions (have not opened it yet....I'm at work)?

OP
OP
RCMUSTANG

RCMUSTANG

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion 1995 Ranger
Thanks, I guess my bigger question was what needs to be removed from the door to install this. Does the entire panel need to be removed? Or just a small part? Or is the in the instructions (have not opened it yet....I'm at work)?
It's possible to just get the bottom panel off and not the whole thing. I was able to. You can remove the whole panel if it's easier for you. I also outlined that in my build thread.