Ranger Wildtrack VS Ranger Raptor

Nicolas50

First Name
Nicolas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger wildtrack
Some pictures to see difference between the 2 vehicles, (European version) having had both not one better than the other is 2 different vehicles one has more payload and a big engine the other more fun .
In driving on a small road the raptor is definitely more agile despite its weight (in sport mode, normal mode it's good for the technical control!), On farm road dirt and gravel, in 2 RM, there is really top , precise steering, big braking (for a PU), no shock suspension limiting speed, not being a driver I still limited my desires! (Sorry for my English , I'm French!)

cky3.jpg

y72q.jpg

vw1s.jpg

c1gg.jpg
Sponsored

f_399

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Raptor - Ranger Wildtrack - Ranger XLT - Everest
If you want to use it as a utility truck like hauling and towing, get the wildtrak.

A loaded wildtrak has more options and features than a raptor.

I wouldn’t have picked a raptor if it was my only truck.

Helps that we have an xlt and wiltrak already.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Yep! Wild Tracks we saw in New Zealand were very nice vehicles.. Ranger is the number one selling vehicle in New Zealand.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co Retired

Last edited:

Bubbabiker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Supercrew FX4
I particularly like the Wildtrak DV8 conversion.

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
And here I am (American) wishing I could have either one :)

I guess the WildTrack is a lot like the Lariat with FX4 package we have here, while there is nothing like the Raptor in the States, some are beginning go do "Raptor conversions".

I can't wait until someone makes the Raptor firmwares available, and I can get more terrain modes in my FX4 :)

Thanks for sharing.

mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Supercab, Nissan Rogue
And here I am (American) wishing I could have either one :)

I guess the WildTrack is a lot like the Lariat with FX4 package we have here, while there is nothing like the Raptor in the States, some are beginning go do "Raptor conversions".

I can't wait until someone makes the Raptor firmwares available, and I can get more terrain modes in my FX4 :)

Thanks for sharing.
Wildtraks, are very nice, but if you really like the floaty suspension and cushy seats of the Lariat you wouldn't like the Wildtrak that is tighter in all aspects. My neighbor had one with the 3.2 diesel and man it was nice. If the wife and I move back to Asia, hopefully I can find a good used one (looks like where we would move is not offered anymore with the 3.2 diesel), but folks typically hold on to their trucks.

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
I have an XLT FX4, so it isn't that floaty, but I'd definitely want to add a rear swaybar when they become commercially available.

KiwiSG

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Raptor
Occupation
IT Consultant
Hi guys I'm new to Ford but am loving my new Ranger Raptor here in NZ. Only one minor (ongoing) annoyance is the multiple electronic failures and bugs I've had in the last year of ownership, (doors/lights/infotainment) seems to be very buggy...
Sponsored