Claudess

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Mine works pretty nicely.

It doesn’t work if you are going below about 15MPH.

1) I was trying to pass a bicyclist and it went off as I got close.

2) I was txting on a two lane winding road and drifted slightly towards distant incoming traffic and it warned me even though a collision wasn’t close to imminent yet. I liked that it did this.

3) On a narrow road with tree branches almost on the lane it went off a few times.
Sponsored

dmeyer302

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Escape, 2016 Odyssey
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Little known fact but there's a book in your glove box that explains the system quite thoroughly. Recommended reading.

upload_2019-6-1_0-6-24.png

EcoRanger

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 301A SuperCrew 4X4 2015 Ecoboost Mustang 50 Year Appereance Package convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Little known fact but there's a book in your glove box that explains the system quite thoroughly. Recommended reading.

upload_2019-6-1_0-6-24.png
Well who woulda thunk it

eniwt_M

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger STX
Vehicle Showcase
Wonder how I’m to know if it will work? I read another post that said to use an orange cone.

Jeff
Mine has gone off a couple of times. The only thing I can think of that was the difference of times that it has vs hasn’t is the fact that I applied the brakes while approaching. So when I intentionally approached something at speed to test it but tapped on the brakes while approaching it seems to think that I see the hazard. When I do not tap the brake it goes off realizing I do not see the hazard. That’s the only thing I can think of! Good Luck

-Mike

Schafies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Explorer. 2019 Ford Ranger.
My 2017 Explorer has a row of lights on the dash just below the windshield on the drivers side that will illuminate starting from left to right, with an audible alert, then braking. It has activated a few times on me.

My XLT Ranger does not have that row of lights on the dash so is there just an audible alert, then braking?

eniwt_M

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger STX
Vehicle Showcase
My 2017 Explorer has a row of lights on the dash just below the windshield on the drivers side that will illuminate starting from left to right, with an audible alert, then braking. It has activated a few times on me.

My XLT Ranger does not have that row of lights on the dash so is there just an audible alert, then braking?
My ranger has the row of lights on the dash below the windshield, they light up as well has an alert on my dash with audible beeping and breaking.

-Mike

DrRoger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Taurus, 2019 Ranger XL (May 20)
Occupation
Retired

2) I was txting on a two lane winding road and drifted slightly towards distant incoming traffic and it warned me even though a collision wasn’t close to imminent yet. I liked that it did this.

3) On a narrow road with tree branches almost on the lane it went off a few times.
You were texting while driving ??????

EcoRanger

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 301A SuperCrew 4X4 2015 Ecoboost Mustang 50 Year Appereance Package convertible
Vehicle Showcase
My Ranger has the lights if yours doesn't work you need to take it in to get the problem fixed

Schafies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As I stated my Ranger is the XLT trim. The pre collision settings are definitely in the settings menu but there is no strip of lights on my dash like on my Explorer. Does everyone that has an XLT have that light strip on their dash? I was just wondering if the lights were trim level or package specific? I do have the 302A package and my window sticker shows "Pre-Collision Assist W/AEB". Just no light strip on the dash. If in fact everyone has that light strip no matter what trim level or package selected this will be really weird. I may go to my dealership today and see what Rangers are on the lot and do a little investigating before I call them.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
As I stated my Ranger is the XLT trim. The pre collision settings are definitely in the settings menu but there is no strip of lights on my dash like on my Explorer. Does everyone that has an XLT have that light strip on their dash? I was just wondering if the lights were trim level or package specific? I do have the 302A package and my window sticker shows "Pre-Collision Assist W/AEB". Just no light strip on the dash. If in fact everyone has that light strip no matter what trim level or package selected this will be really weird. I may go to my dealership today and see what Rangers are on the lot and do a little investigating before I call them.
my lariat displays precollision warnings in the dash cluster, not above the dash.

Schafies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok thanks. I bet that's where my visual alert is also? I don't see the location of the visual alert addressed in the manual unless I missed it? I travel a road with a speed limit of 55 with cars in front of me slowing to make turns all the time. Usually I will get my speed back up to 55/60 approaching another car and damn, they will just without warning slow down and turn, no signal. Happens all the time. In the Explorer the light strip on the dash will sometimes just start to light up and then go away. I think only once all alerts and braking activated. Scared the you know what out of me. LOL. On the same road, same circumstances, the Ranger does nothing. I've compared settings between the Explorer and Ranger and the settings in the Ranger mirror the Explorer. I just noticed the missing light strip and was thinking maybe something is not right. Thought I would start with that. I'll stop in the dealership and discuss with them.

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2017 MB GLE350, 2006 Porsche Cayman S
Vehicle Showcase
Wonder how I’m to know if it will work? I read another post that said to use an orange cone.

Jeff
That’s all good, but I don’t usually encounter orange cones in the middle of the road!

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford

I get the impression that you are kidding...right:question:
If not, you,re bringing your own driving competence into question.
At least in your first two examples.

The visual alert is on dash on the XL and STX without the Co-Pilot 360 option.
Only on the trucks with the 2.3" productivity screen.

Last edited:

Jeffrey

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat
Vehicle Showcase
That’s all good, but I don’t usually encounter orange cones in the middle of the road!
Guess I will have to buy one or hope all is well with crash avoidance system.
Sponsored