First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Taurus, 2019 Ranger XL (May 20)
Occupation
Retired
Well, I said I love the power that this truck has. I was reminded of that for the first time today. I own a boat about 40 miles away from my home. Most of the drive there is freeway except for the last 10 miles which is a 2 lane road with a speed limit of 55 mph. Almost never fails that I end up with someone in front of me going 35 mph and gawking at everything along the drive.

Today I had "The Queen of the Turtles" in front of me on the very first mile, speedometer read 35. No opposing traffic, I put the shifter in "S" and hit the accelerator. When I looked in the rear view mirror I realized I'd left her at least a 1/8 mile behind me. I haven't been able to do that in the last 6 years!

I also live in a rural area. The night before was the first time I had the truck out at night on a road where there are no street lights. The LED lights are amazing. Really got me how bright and how far they light up the road ahead.
Guess you did not wait the recommended 1000 miles before towing, or did you? :) I can't wait either.
Sponsored

JoedOH

First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Guess you did not wait the recommended 1000 miles before towing, or did you? :) I can't wait either.
No towing, the boat weighs 17k and is 12 ft wide. But, I have just past 1k miles. About all I'll ever tow is a small trailer with a motorcycle, but haven't done that yet.

AnimeRanger87

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 XLT 2X4 Reg cab. 2019 XLT Supercrew 4x4, 2000 XLT Supercab 2x4
Occupation
Production associates with Honda
Vehicle Showcase
Dude your truck is a beauty. Silver looks great with the dark accents The door handles and mirror backs make that all work together. And those wheels and tires.............. VERY NICE.
Thank you sir!!!!

TacoHawkRanger

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Sport; 2013 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
Occupation
Site Developer, USAF
Now just where do I find Cherry Bombs for the Ranger?
Just head down to the local trailer park, look for a man with mullet named bubba... he'll fit one in his yard.

Snowdigger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT Ranger
For me it's hard for say what is my most favorite on my truck because I love everything about it. From the performance to the navigation system to the handling performance, and the Terrain Management system.

Screenshot_20190531-222827_Gallery.jpg
Agree - nice looking truck! This is basically what I'm picking up this Wednesday. Been having some color choice remorse since I ordered thinking I should've selected black, but your pic makes me realize I made a great choice.

CoastieN70

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariet
Occupation
Retired
I LOVE everything BUT the annoying Engine Stop nonsense. I am now in the habit of hitting the off button on the center counsel as soon as my finger leaves the starter button. I have disabled it in the left screen menu, but it's like a cockroach you think is dead and then scurries across the floor, i.e. it turns itself back on.

JoedOH

First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
I LOVE everything BUT the annoying Engine Stop nonsense. I am now in the habit of hitting the off button on the center counsel as soon as my finger leaves the starter button. I have disabled it in the left screen menu, but it's like a cockroach you think is dead and then scurries across the floor, i.e. it turns itself back on.
I live in a rural area that has train tracks and when there is a train I don’t mind the engine turning off.

I have 2 medium cities close by that I visit once in awhile. Someone should be shot for the way the lights are set up. I use the auto stop, some of these lights are over 2 min long. I’ll see if it saves anything, if it doesn’t I’ll invest in a module to cancel the feature.

AnimeRanger87

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 XLT 2X4 Reg cab. 2019 XLT Supercrew 4x4, 2000 XLT Supercab 2x4
Occupation
Production associates with Honda
Vehicle Showcase
Agree - nice looking truck! This is basically what I'm picking up this Wednesday. Been having some color choice remorse since I ordered thinking I should've selected black, but your pic makes me realize I made a great choice.
Thank you @Snowdigger I CONGRATS you on your new Ranger and I hope you enjoy em. :):):)

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Being a Ford engineer, retired...I have my concerns with the new Ranger, but overall, it is an excellent vehicle...I apply the power of a microscope as this is what we did inside Ford... Hood fit is questionable and may need work...What I like most is the ability to tow the vehicle behind my Diesel pusher RV. In addition, since my Engineers pioneered the FX4 brand, Thank you Doug S, my vehicle dynamics engineer, I am pleased the FX4 means something...Added performance off road... Sweet Truck

best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired.

DakotaGuy

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger SuperCrew XLT Tremor
Well 1st off I'd never show up in front of my 82 year old father's house with anything but a FoMoCo product, but other then that I just like how it looks. The performance is excellent. Safety features are top notch and it's just a fun little truck with plenty of room. Barkley my Goldendoodle thinks the back seat is great!

Snapchat-1835373482~2.jpg