Just My Luck

Desert Rider

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Mustang 1976 Bronco 1999 Super Duty
Finally purchased my Ranger two days ago here in Albuquerque, but the actual truck was coming from a partner dealership in Denver. Found out yesterday that my truck had hail damage and must go through insurance claim. Now my salesman is searching for another in CO and AZ. Patience is not one of my better attributes!
Sponsored

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
Lol, I wonder if you could buy a hail damaged truck for cheaper if all they had to do was install new glass, and leave the paint alone?

I'd take a truck that looked like a golf ball if it were discounted :) Heck it's going to look like that eventually anyways.

It will happen, there on lots all over.

Hounddog409

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Vehicle Showcase
Lol, I wonder if you could buy a hail damaged truck for cheaper if all they had to do was install new glass, and leave the paint alone?

I'd take a truck that looked like a golf ball if it were discounted :) Heck it's going to look like that eventually anyways.

It will happen, there on lots all over.
This happened to my wife. bought a 2018. before she could take delivery, had a bad hail storm. lots of dents. broken windshield.

had to wait for insurance/parts. Windshield and rear window replaced. dent guy removed all dents, no paint required.
Can't even tell there was an issue. Dent guy was good.

got an extra 1500 off final price if she went ahead with purchase. not a bad deal to wait 2 weeks.

22k miles now and no issues.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
This happened to my wife. bought a 2018. before she could take delivery, had a bad hail storm. lots of dents. broken windshield.

had to wait for insurance/parts. Windshield and rear window replaced. dent guy removed all dents, no paint required.
Can't even tell there was an issue. Dent guy was good.

got an extra 1500 off final price if she went ahead with purchase. not a bad deal to wait 2 weeks.

22k miles now and no issues.
With the body panels as thin as they are on new cars (to keep weight down I'm assuming), I would expect more damage like that. I guess the upside is that if it is easy to dent, it should be easier to remove by the "paintless dent removal" guys.
Sponsored