LIGHTNING BLUE Ranger Club Thread

lawrence

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Taurus SHO , 2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Super Crew FX4 Lightning Blue Sport Appearance Package Tow Package
This is what I just purchased. The Lightning Blue is the best color available. Too many black and white vehicles out there.

2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
FX4 Off-Road package
Sport Package
Tow Package
501A Tech Package
18" Wheels

I love this truck, although it barely fits in the garage.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
Need advice. I want to go with the blue Lariat, 4x4, with 501A, FX4, but not sure about whether to get the chrome package, sport package, or what.
I saw the pics of the blue without the chrome package....i.e. magnetic accents on bumper/grill/fenders/rims... like the look, but not prefer the 18 inch rims and not sure which looks better without a sidebyside comparison. I like chrome, but saw these pics of the magnetic accents...nice!. I plan to get an ARE cap once they're available, so I have to consider that too.
I have ordered essentially the same package that you describe above--except that I switched from the Sport to the Black Appearance Package at the last minute! That gives you blacked-out 18 inch wheels and a black spray-in bed-liner, as well as black bash plate (on FX4) and black running boards (for my petite wife). To me, the Sport package is nice in terms of appearance, but it does not really add any usable features. Chrome I find to be too much "bling," but this is just one individual's subjective reaction, and I understand that a lot of guys like it. Anyway, still waiting to take delivery so do not know what mine will look like "in the flesh"!

BDoc

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4 SCrew
Occupation
US Air Force, retired; now Civil Service (USAF)
Vehicle Showcase
I have ordered essentially the same package that you describe above--except that I switched from the Sport to the Black Appearance Package at the last minute! That gives you blacked-out 18 inch wheels and a black spray-in bed-liner, as well as black bash plate (on FX4) and black running boards (for my petite wife). To me, the Sport package is nice in terms of appearance, but it does not really add any usable features. Chrome I find to be too much "bling," but this is just one individual's subjective reaction, and I understand that a lot of guys like it. Anyway, still waiting to take delivery so do not know what mine will look like "in the flesh"!
I was looking at the Sport App package until the announcement of the Black Package - that's what I ordered. I'm with you - I like the black wheels, bash plate, fender badges, and grill (though, that will likely be replaced with a KO Raptor grill). The two things I wish I could have deleted were the spray-in liner (would rather have a Line-X) and the running boards only because I've seen nicer RBs than what I'll end up with. I may replace those in the future.

tgRanger

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat, 1988 Mustang GT, 2013 Toyota Highlander Limited
Vehicle Showcase
Picked up my Ranger on the 24th. Finally had time to take a couple pics of it. Love it so far, fun to drive.

AE9BC3EE-B723-4D86-95D2-DFC281C412ED.jpeg

B45A74F5-3E56-44CC-AB62-F65D193A8D8B.jpeg
She looks Beautiful! Congrats!! I can’t wait to get mine but I’m sure it’ll be worth the wait.

The lettering on the tailgate looks real nice, I didn’t think I was going to like it but after looking at yours I do. Are they the factory black ones Ford is selling? Good luck with it.

Riz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT super crew 4X4 lightning blue, 2015 Escape
She looks Beautiful! Congrats!! I can’t wait to get mine but I’m sure it’ll be worth the wait.

The lettering on the tailgate looks real nice, I didn’t think I was going to like it but after looking at yours I do. Are they the factory black ones Ford is selling? Good luck with it.
Matte black eyecather

Matte black EyeCatcher inserts. Got them off Amazon.

tgRanger

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat, 1988 Mustang GT, 2013 Toyota Highlander Limited
Vehicle Showcase
Matte black eyecather

Matte black EyeCatcher inserts. Got them off Amazon.
Perfect! thanks. I like the Matte much more than Ford’s “putco” Black platinum.

Last edited:

Defender

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazda6
Vehicle Showcase
Picked up my Ranger on the 24th. Finally had time to take a couple pics of it. Love it so far, fun to drive.

Don’t suppose you were at Scheels today (2 June)? Saw a Ranger just like this.

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat

Beautiful truck!