Rock Sliders

CT801

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Their website says "We are DEFINITELY looking for a 2019 Ford Ranger for design and prototyping! Get a free kit, installed... contact us!!!"

Their email is [email protected] and their phone number is 888-801-7271.

I will be interested to hear what happens.
I’ll email them tonight and call them on Monday! I’ll be sure to update!
Sponsored

CT801

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
so I got an email back from Rocky Road Outfitters and they seem willing to meet with me about some rock sliders. I just need to actually get my freaking truck! But I’ll keep you guys posted on the progress.

JetEngr19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2016 Jeep Wranger
so I got an email back from Rocky Road Outfitters and they seem willing to meet with me about some rock sliders. I just need to actually get my freaking truck! But I’ll keep you guys posted on the progress.
That’s great news!

Rockweiler

First Name
André
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT CrewCab 4x4
All i worry about this moment is having rocks flip up and puncture or dent the rockers/doors. Thats why im leaning towards just getting the ADD "sliders" till a good set of frame mounted ones come out. I ordered my truck without running boards so i could put something else in its place. Just expected there to more options by now.
That’s what they look like installed. They should do what you want them to do in anything less than extreme rock crawling. I’ll know for sure when the snow melts and I start wheeling.
F2889322-17FE-44A3-917F-89FC8398389B.jpeg

E4E0593E-F70F-4CD9-84EE-64495A0BCB3D.jpeg

81452897-6AC7-40A9-929E-E9BDB008BCEB.jpeg

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Toyota Tacoma
Hello Everyone,

My name is Michael and I wanted to introduce myself. I work for a northern California fab shop called Heavy Metal Off Road which specializes in off road equipment for Toyota's and older Bronco's. I saw this thread regarding rock sliders, and I wanted to let everyone know we're in the process of mocking up a design for 100% bolt on rock sliders for the 5th Gen Ranger. They will be real rock sliders, bolt onto the frame, zero drilling required so they will not void any manufacturers warranty. They will also have a kick out, be made out of DOM tubing/steel, can be angled up 5 to 18 degrees, and will have top plates. I will be posting a first release group buy thread soon, but I wanted to see anyone were interested in this type of product? A down payment will not be required until we have a full working prototype that's been field tested which should take 3 months. Let me know if you're interested in being added to the initial release group buy. If you have any questions please feel free to call me or email me (Michael) at [email protected].

Michael
aka "theOverLandingDad"
Heavy Metal Off Road

PatrickM

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.pmiyoshiphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback16, Ford Ranger 11
Occupation
⭐ tender
Vehicle Showcase
Hello Everyone,

My name is Michael and I wanted to introduce myself. I work for a northern California fab shop called Heavy Metal Off Road which specializes in off road equipment for Toyota's and older Bronco's. I saw this thread regarding rock sliders, and I wanted to let everyone know we're in the process of mocking up a design for 100% bolt on rock sliders for the 5th Gen Ranger. They will be real rock sliders, bolt onto the frame, zero drilling required so they will not void any manufacturers warranty. They will also have a kick out, be made out of DOM tubing/steel, can be angled up 5 to 18 degrees, and will have top plates. I will be posting a first release group buy thread soon, but I wanted to see anyone were interested in this type of product? A down payment will not be required until we have a full working prototype that's been field tested which should take 3 months. Let me know if you're interested in being added to the initial release group buy. If you have any questions please feel free to call me or email me (Michael) at [email protected].

Michael
aka "theOverLandingDad"
Heavy Metal Off Road
Count me in, sent you an email

Randy2400h

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Sport FX4, 2015 Ford Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Hello Everyone,

Michael
aka "theOverLandingDad"
Heavy Metal Off Road
Is this your shop?
https://heavymetaloff-road.com/product/tacoma-rock-sliders-dcsb-2005-to-2019/

McRanger

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford ranger XlT Fx4
Hello Everyone,

Michael
aka "theOverLandingDad"
Heavy Metal Off Road
I’m definitely interested!

RJohans

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4 Supercrew Sport
Occupation
Project Manager
I’m in!

doug910

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger, '02 BMW 540i
Occupation
Engineer

Maltese

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRX & XLT Ranger
I'm going to be working with BAMF who makes a killer slider for tacos/4runners. Here are some early mock ups -

We should know more come July!

HoosierT

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ranger Lariat FX4, '17 Explorer Sport
I'm making a road trip to Mobtown Offroad in a few weeks to have them prototype rock sliders on my truck. That will be another option released for us relatively soon. They're commonly stated to be one of the best for sliders on the Toyota forums.

SafetyDan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 V2 - Ranger Lariat, FX4, 501A, Trailer Tow (Lightning Blue), V1- Lariat, FX4, 500A, Trailer Tow (Ingot Silver) <Epic Fail - Lemon>
Vehicle Showcase
Hello Everyone,

Michael
aka "theOverLandingDad"
Heavy Metal Off Road
I am very interested in a Bolt on (no drilling or welding)

SafetyDan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 V2 - Ranger Lariat, FX4, 501A, Trailer Tow (Lightning Blue), V1- Lariat, FX4, 500A, Trailer Tow (Ingot Silver) <Epic Fail - Lemon>
Vehicle Showcase
I'm going to be working with BAMF who makes a killer slider for tacos/4runners. Here are some early mock ups -

We should know more come July!
I am looking for a 100% bolt on that also stand out enough to prevent door dings as well... ;-)
Sponsored