Front Windshield streak

Tommy Oberon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-Max
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone have a steak in their glass you can’t clean or wavy glass?.

I’ve tried cleaning inside and out and can’t get the vertical 10” x 1/8” streak off the window right in drivers view. Also when you look at windshield from the side door does yours seem wavy or distorted?
Sponsored

LightningBlue

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lightning Blue XLT FX4/ 2023 Subaru Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone have a steak in their glass you can’t clean or wavy glass?.

I’ve tried cleaning inside and out and can’t get the vertical 10” x 1/8” streak off the window right in drivers view. Also when you look at windshield from the side door does yours seem wavy or distorted?
Any chance you could get a photo of it? I don’t have any issues with my windshield.

MHRanger

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
I have noticed the wavy / distortion in my windshield. I actually thought it was just me.... After driving for 5000 miles I've don't notice it unless I'm looking for it.

MINI Ranger

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4, 2014 MINI Cooper S Clubman
Occupation
ASE Master Technician, MINI Technician, Retired
Vehicle Showcase
i noticed the waviness in my windshield today.
It can only be seen when viewing across the glass from the side.

EDIT####
I went out to the carport to attempt a photo and I can no longer see it!
Could it be heat and the Sound Glass?
I'll keep looking cause I know I saw it earlier this afternoon.

Last edited:

snic2

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
I have noticed it as well. Seems to be more on the passenger side. I keep trying to clean it and been wondering how I keep missing the same spot :crazy:. I think your right about heat affecting it. My glass does look wavy from a side view.

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
Mine has scratches from something on the wipers. A couple of curved arcs making an X in the middle of the windshield. In the right light its annoying as hell.
Ford declined to take care of it, but dealer is stepping up.

Sandman Ranger

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Crew Cab 4x4 Saber
Occupation
Lead Process Engineer
I have this in front of the drivers seat.
Just below my line of sight. Shows up on rainy humid days. Looks like someone applied glue in a back and forth motion whole moving down the windshield. Might try to polish in the spring. I know in the VW MK7 GTI forum some see suction cup marks like this from assembly or glass handling. I think it might be related to that. I think if on outside polishing might help. Bugs me.

Last edited:

rdgallo

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4X4
Occupation
Retired Caterpillar, Inc. Senior Quality Engineer
My windshield has the distorted wavy appearance in it right where the front of the windshield curves around toward the side of the passenger side. I will have to sit in the passenger seat to see if it is the same where it curves around at the driver's side.

JACER

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired Firefighter
I had a replacement windshield installed yesterday because of a chip in the glass directly in front of my wife's line of sight. (You know the saying, "If the wife ain't happy...).

Anyhow, after waiting for awhile, per the installers, we went out to do some errands. Well, right smack dab in the middle of the windshield, below the mirror, is this distortion which can be described as similar to going into a carnival fun house and looking into the mirrors that make you look fat or slim, or short or tall. You get the idea!

Anyhow, K & K glass warranty guy coming out sometime today to visualize it.for him/herself.

JACER

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired Firefighter
Tom, from K & K glass, who also installed the windshield the day before, came out to inspect the windshield. I told him about the distortion, but not where it was because I wanted him to witness it for himself.

Well, find it he did, almost immediately & he agreed that once you see it, you cannot unsee it!

They are returning next Tuesday to replace the windshield again, but not before inspecting their remaining stock.

stevensc

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger 2019 XLT
Occupation
Retired seller of Sugar Cane Equipment
My windshield is wavy on the curve of the passenger side, I notice it from the drivers seat , my wife has never mentioned it so maybe it doesn't show up from the passenger seat. I don't notice it unless I look for it so I will let it be, don't need the dealer to maybe do a bum job replacing the windshield to get rid of it.
Steve W

runner69

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Transit bus mechanic, former Ford master tech
Vehicle Showcase
when I worked at Ford, they recommended cleaning the windshield with Bon ami

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase
when I worked at Ford, they recommended cleaning the windshield with Bon ami
Bon Ami works great on any glass !! I never noticed their slogan until someone mentioned it on my old Ram forum-- "Hasn't scratched yet".

BHunted

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat, 2019 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Mine has it too. Learned since I noticed it is that Ford uses layered, (laminated), glass. Annoying if you have ocd, not so much if not.
Another fellow here ended up having what looked like a snowflake on one of his side windows. It was an internal spider crack and no fault from him or being hit.

mtsoxfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
I have something different I can't clean off. 4- 6" or so circles. I imagine they are from suction cups when installing the windshield. I've scrubbed with windex many times, but they don't go away. They are only noticeable in certain light conditions, like sitting in my garage and looking out. I've never seen them outside the garage.
Sponsored