Tailgate Letters

Gavin stevens

First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat
I put the matte black letters on mine. I like it a lot.

View attachment 7001

ranger tailgate letters 2.jpg

ranger tailgate letters 3.jpg

Mine is black too, and I'm trying to keep is black.. I ordered some of the silver metallic, but the color looks almost the same, not enough contrast. You are gloss on matte though, you like it? can tell a difference? Guess I could try them... I received a month ago, just havent put them on...

Gavin stevens

First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat
Thanks so much for that front picture! I've been agonizing over what to do with the grille... I figured there was no way that the letters would be close enough to look good, and wasn't thrilled with the appearance of the black on magnetic. But that looks great! I no longer fear ordering them for mine.
I like the black on Magnetic. Just wish I could get magnetic stickers for the back!

EcoRanger

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 301A SuperCrew 4X4 2015 Ecoboost Mustang 50 Year Appereance Package convertible
Vehicle Showcase

toddiscdn

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4X4
Finally got mine on, same rain issues down here Jeff! I took your idea and took the tailgate off and did them with it leaning at an angle so the water would still want to run off, worked well and I could pick the right angle to work at, actually did them with the tailgate upside down so it was at a good working height.

I was nervous about this one, as Ive never put a decal on straight in my life, but I took my time and the wet method worked well. I ended up with one spec of dust under the N, not very noticeable, but if it drives me nuts I,ll order another from Rich along with a 5G.com decal!

tailgate letters.jpg

Retire003

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
After a couple of washes I wasn’t too happy with my front grille letters. More about my installation abilities than the product. So I did some research and found these.
https://eurosportdaytona.com/?s=Ford+Ranger

These were easier to deal with and were thicker which fills the gap a little bit better. I ordered the blue and it was the traditional Ford blue. I got a can of the Lightning Blue touch up and repainted. The 2nd picture shows the difference of the letters. The R A N are the new letters and the G E R are the old vinyl. The application was much easier and hopefully will last.

236367B8-4EA1-47B9-AD2E-7CC9FEC4924F.jpeg

1D764B1E-F3DF-4A5C-BDBC-43BCE92FDDCC.jpeg

AFD114A2-7E37-4D67-BC63-4F2D1EE91ED6.jpeg

E23DC7AE-1BC4-488C-852E-7780968A9F86.jpeg

dmeyer302

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Escape, 2016 Odyssey
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
These were easier to deal with and were thicker which fills the gap a little bit better. I ordered the blue and it was the traditional Ford blue. I got a can of the Lightning Blue touch up and repainted. The 2nd picture shows the difference of the letters. The R A N are the new letters and the G E R are the old vinyl. The application was much easier and hopefully will last.
Where do you get that spray paint?

Jason Dickey

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Supercab XLT FX4, 2015 Mercedes-Benz B-Class Electric
Occupation
Accounting Supervisor
Here's the EyeCatcher tailgate letters in Chrome.
I like how it goes with the stock Ford emblem.

EyeCatcher Tailgate Chrome.jpg

Also, these are far easier to install than the vinyl decals. I did read some of the F-150 reviews on Amazon and the suggested install was one letter at a time (they come as sheets of 2 letters - just cut). Basically just clean with alcohol, peel off the back of the adhesive, and the EyeCatcher letters come with a front sheet on top of the letters - hold that clear sheet, align, press, and then peel off. The "E" is the most fiddly due to the long, skinny parts.

Richard Conley

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2016 Honda Accord Touring
Here is my tailgate lettering, using Ford accessories - Black Platinum Stainless Steal letters.

A813080B-DB17-455F-8F53-EEF8449AFB76.jpeg

CA48EB15-0ECF-43AE-BC5B-CA802B0F9863.jpeg
Like those a lot - looking for something subtle rather than a lot of contrast I think these would look good on my magnetic - if the truck ever comes :)

Richard Conley

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2016 Honda Accord Touring
So we have a graphics/wrap guy in my little town and since I have until August before me truck (Magnetic) arrives, I'm going to price a carbon fiber like material.....who knows. Perfectly satisfied with the Ford Black Platinum Stainless Steel letters, but who knows what might be out there....

Jeffrey

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat
Vehicle Showcase
Charcoal Grey on the tailgate and Night Blue Metallic on the airbag. Both are perfect in my opinion.

5F48C977-EEF5-437D-8211-139971E62139.jpeg

4B40D066-FB83-4D81-B355-CEC99CC7FF03.jpeg
Where did you get dash lettering? Looks great, are they difficult to apply?

Jeff
Sponsored