Adding lariat mirrors to an xlt

Fordmandan87

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT, Supercrew, FX4, leveled
Is it possible to add lariat mirror assemblies to an xlt and get the additional features like puddle lamps and turn signals to work?
I like some of the lariat features but that instrument cluster isn't for me
Sponsored

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Fort Mill/Indian Land area South Carolina
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat Sport and 19 Lincoln MKC Reserve
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I'm with you on the instrument cluster.

Rick - Saber

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport Ranger 4x4
Would be nice to be able to upgrade the mirrors. Like you I'm not crazy about the Lariat instrument cluster.

AndyMarc

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Curious about what the issue is with the instrument cluster? you would turn down all the features of the Lariat just because of the instrument cluster? To me, the instrument cluster is refreshing, modern and very luxury high end looking.

Deleted member 773

Curious about what the issue is with the instrument cluster? you would turn down all the features of the Lariat just because of the instrument cluster? To me, the instrument cluster is refreshing, modern and very luxury high end looking.
I picked xlt over lariat too because of the panel.. my moms minivan I drove in highschool had a center speedo only, scarred me for life apparently. My manual fiesta and both superdutys Have tach on the left, speedo on the right. Just feels right.

If you look at your build sheet, an xlt with 302a should come with lariat mirrors, mine didn’t when I picked it up. the dealer is investigating to see if they can swap.

Schafies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Explorer. 2019 Ford Ranger.
I picked xlt over lariat too because of the panel.. my moms minivan I drove in highschool had a center speedo only, scarred me for life apparently. My manual fiesta and both superdutys Have tach on the left, speedo on the right. Just feels right.

If you look at your build sheet, an xlt with 302a should come with lariat mirrors, mine didn’t when I picked it up. the dealer is investigating to see if they can swap.
Please post update on this.

Snorebaby

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 SuperCrew, 1996 Ranger XLT Supercab, 2013 XLT F150 (Wife's), 1990 Honda Goldwing, 2015 Honda Goldwing
Vehicle Showcase

I investigated this prior to picking mine up. On the Ford build sheet it only says power folding as there is no option for the puddle lamp/turn signal. That is what you get. Every XLT with a 301A or 302A package should have the "Lariat" mirrors. I spoke with Ford and they will not acknowledge the "bait and switch" for 2019. I even sent pics of their website build specs. But it will probably be corrected and come on the 2020.

There shouldn't be an issue to add the lariat mirrors as the wiring harness is probably equipped with the connectors.

coblueberryranger

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
IT Consultant
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone gone ahead and done this yet? I'm thinking about ordering a few of the parts and seeing if they will just fit. like the cover and side marker light. Unrelated also been thinking about trying to find the front window wiper heater and rain sensor (found on ford parts website) but wondering if they will just install in a snap is the hard part. Will be doing some investigating.

First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru Crosstrek & 2005 Subaru Forester
I'm curious about this as well. When I had my F150, it was an XL and I ended up putting higher end mirrors on it for the look. I'm looking at ordering an XLT, but I really like the painted mirror caps on the Lariet. I'll be curious to see how this looks like for the DIY people. I'm a big fan of OEM+ mods. :)

Deleted member 773

Update on the lariat mirrors..

Ford got back finally and said they made a mistake on the website saying that xlt with 301a and 302a would have puddle lamps and turn signals on the mirrors. They also pointed out their disclaimer and that ultimately it’s the dealers responsibility to compare the online spec sheet to the dealer build sheet(which was correct.) the puddle lamp/turn signal mirrors are exclusive to the lariat trim and retrofitting is not possible.

Oh well.

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
the puddle lamp/turn signal mirrors are exclusive to the lariat trim and retrofitting is not possible.
The challenge of forum inspired mods! If I am not mistaken this would also add heated mirrors. Even if the plugs are not there all of these connections could be made with enough wire. ;)

Junk yard website has Lariat mirrors for $311 each side.
I need to pay my almost $500 in NC state car taxes 1st... I miss TX!

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
Anyone gone ahead and done this yet? I'm thinking about ordering a few of the parts and seeing if they will just fit. like the cover and side marker light. Unrelated also been thinking about trying to find the front window wiper heater and rain sensor (found on ford parts website) but wondering if they will just install in a snap is the hard part. Will be doing some investigating.
I have the rain sensing wipers on my Escape, and on a 2015 Flex that I leased. Neither worked very well. I disabled them in settings because they would come on in a carwash, and there had to be almost that much rain for them to turn on, and then they would make several swipes when dry, pulling into the garage when raining, etc.
I don't know, but I would suspect that Lariat mirrors and rain sensing and/or heated wipers would require "going deep" into the BCM to program, and you would need switchgear to operate the new features, and possibly a different wiring harness(es).

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
I don't know, but I would suspect that Lariat mirrors and rain sensing and/or heated wipers would require "going deep" into the BCM to program, and you would need switchgear to operate the new features, and possibly a different wiring harness(es).
I think it could be easier than that - but lots of relays might be needed. Heated mirror - tap into the rear defrost wire, turn signals - tap into turn signal wires and puddle light - tap into dome lights (this may require more searching and a way to keep them from coming on if you are drving and turn on your dome light.).

I need to get a factory service manual, looking at the wire diagrams and how the BCM controls things can open up a lot of opportunities.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
Is it possible to add lariat mirror assemblies to an xlt and get the additional features like puddle lamps and turn signals to work?
I like some of the lariat features but that instrument cluster isn't for me
It looks like the same one as on the Flex/Explorer/Taurus. All the info is there, just not very attractive IMHO.

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
It looks like the same one as on the Flex/Explorer/Taurus. All the info is there, just not very attractive IMHO.
Are you saying it has been done on these vehicles? is there a forum you could point me to?
Sponsored