First Encounter in the "Wild" (Ranger's Spotted Megathread)

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Those searches usually show inventory that's been ordered and not delivered. A lot of people have found huge numbers of rangers but when they actually try to see one they find out it isn't actually on the lot.
That is true, but the dealer where I bought mine is pretty small and when I went in last weekend to pick up my plates, they had 8 or 10 in stock on the lot (I didn't work too hard to count them all). I was shocked when I saw that many Rangers at a relatively small dealer. A couple of larger dealers here show 40-50 in stock, so stock levels are most certainly coming up from where they were a few months ago. In January, one of the largest dealers here had only 2 in stock.
Sponsored

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
I saw a magnetic Lariat with chrome package and a black Lariat FX4 yesterday. Hardly any on lots here, of the three closest dealers to me two of them have one Ranger and the third has none.

Justin

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x2
I live in SC but in a suburb of Charlotte, NC. I haven't seen a Ranger on the road here or in Charlotte yet. Very weird.
I’ll be in that area with my ranger in a few weeks for my sisters graduation if my bed cover makes it to me in time. Maybe you’ll finally see another one on the road, if it has Florida plates, it will be me

AnimeRanger87

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 XLT 2X4 Reg cab. 2019 XLT Supercrew 4x4, 2000 XLT Supercab 2x4
Occupation
Production associates with Honda
Vehicle Showcase
I just got done driving 4 hours from Southeastern Indiana to Chicago and back just hoping I would see at least one but a last I never saw another Ranger I am really starting to think we are few and far between.

OP
OP

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
Just for the record, I only assumed you all were old and retired, I never insinuated white, or any other race than old.

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Fort Mill/Indian Land area South Carolina
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat Sport and 19 Lincoln MKC Reserve
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Just for the record, I only assumed you all were old and retired, I never insinuated white, or any other race than old.
Subvet posted old white guys.
I replied to him how does he know I'm white as an inside joke.
Subvet and I are brothers and we're older in age only and white.

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
Finally! Just moments ago saw my first Ranger in the wild. Coming up the bypass in Enterprise, Alabama. Beautiful. Lightning Blue. Sorry, couldn’t take a picture as I was driving. But it sure got me excited! Can’t wait for my Saber Ranger!:like:

Jimiv123

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat, 501A, FX4, Sport Package, Magnetic
Occupation
IT Grunt
Where abouts are you? I am close to Forrest and Midway and have been driving around to get some miles on the ranger (silver, supercab).
I'm in McKinney. 75 and 380 area. When I saw those 2 I was near 121 and Custer. I've only seen 1 in Allen since that day.

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
I'm in McKinney. 75 and 380 area. When I saw those 2 I was near 121 and Custer. I've only seen 1 in Allen since that day.
One passed me on I 75 north of Gainesville fla...It was white with a gators license plate.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
350+ miles to Tail of the Dragon and back, zero Rangerso_O

UncleBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 2WD in Magnetic
Occupation
Retired
I have yet to see another one besides mine. I have had it for a little over a month now. I find that surprising and this is a populated area (Orange County south of L.A.), so there HAVE to be others around. Go figure.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
I have yet to see another one besides mine. I have had it for a little over a month now. I find that surprising and this is a populated area (Orange County south of L.A.), so there HAVE to be others around. Go figure.
I have yet to see another one in the Portland area as well. I know there are at least a few out there (@Oregon Comrade for one), but I haven't seen any of them on the road yet. I was out hiking a couple weeks ago and we had turned around due to too much snow (I didn't feel like getting stuck, and I didn't have any chains), but a guy on a motorcycle was asking about the roads - after we told him he said "well, you could just go and Baja your new Ranger thru that snow!!!" - so he obviously knew what is was. That was kind of cool, I have to admit.
Sponsored