Neil S

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX
Vehicle Showcase
it has already been posted the wiring harness: KB3Z-15K868-D . You also need the connector that fits in the bumper with the spring loaded covers to protect the 4 pin or 7 pin connector.FU5Z 14489 A .

The harness plugs into the back of the connector as well as replaces the harness for the lights and sensors. By plugging the 7 pin plug into the back of the connector, you have both the 7 pin round and 4 pin flat connectors.

D4FBBA69-13B4-46A1-9C58-0660177AC2D1.jpeg

A1534B96-A6B0-4584-97C2-28E2E9504C41.jpeg

36ACAA24-02BE-4C10-9E16-FD87E56E8355.jpeg
Sponsored

BlueSport

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X2
Great so all i need its theses two things plus the hitch to tow? Sorry im new to trucking/towing lop

DentonB

First Name
Denton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4, 2019 Ram 4x4 Cummins), 2015 Audi A3 convertible
Mine came with the 4 pin already. So, you only need the 7 pin if you are also installing a controller for heavier loads.

MarcusRanger

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 1964.5 Ford Mustang Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Mine came with the 4 pin already. So, you only need the 7 pin if you are also installing a controller for heavier loads.
Mine as well, I do like the convenience of the wiring above the bumper and the connectors having more weather protection so I bit the bullet and ordered these parts. I may never use the 7 pin but at least it is there if I ever need it.

treimche

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SOLD. 2005 S2000
Occupation
Accountant
So what is the cost of buying the hitch and wiring to install yourself, versus ordering the Ranger with this stuff already installed. I believe it is a $500 option when building a new Ranger.

OP
OP
Neil S

Neil S

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX
Vehicle Showcase

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

Washashore

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SCab Lariat 4x4
OP
OP
Neil S

Neil S

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX
Vehicle Showcase
The OEM hitch Instal is very labor intensive. Well beyond the 4 bolts for the Curt. Estimated labor is 3-5 hours! Somewhere I have the PDF from Ford, it’s 19 pages!

Washashore

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SCab Lariat 4x4
The OEM hitch Instal is very labor intensive. Well beyond the 4 bolts for the Curt. Estimated labor is 3-5 hours! Somewhere I have the PDF from Ford, it’s 19 pages!
Here's the link to the thread with the Ford tow hitch install instructions. https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/trucks-w-o-tow-package.1712/page-4

Link to the Curt hitch install for the Ranger. https://assets.curtmfg.com/masterlibrary/13417/installsheet/CM_13417_INS.PDF

I was able to install the Curt hitch in a half hour in my driveway without lifting the vehicle. I lowered the spare There are a couple of errors in the Curt instructions.
-21 mm socket required, not 24mm
- Proper torque is 148 Ft-lbs , not 198 ft-lbs

Rather than use c-clamps or vice grips to hold the bumper while I removed the 4 bumper bolts, I put a couple of spare bolts in the 2 outside "ears" to keep the bumper aligned.

IMG_0011.jpg

ed1946

First Name
elmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 taurus
Occupation
retired
Here's the link to the thread with the Ford tow hitch install instructions. https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/trucks-w-o-tow-package.1712/page-4

Link to the Curt hitch install for the Ranger. https://assets.curtmfg.com/masterlibrary/13417/installsheet/CM_13417_INS.PDF

I was able to install the Curt hitch in a half hour in my driveway without lifting the vehicle. I lowered the spare There are a couple of errors in the Curt instructions.
-21 mm socket required, not 24mm
- Proper torque is 148 Ft-lbs , not 198 ft-lbs

Rather than use c-clamps or vice grips to hold the bumper while I removed the 4 bumper bolts, I put a couple of spare bolts in the 2 outside "ears" to keep the bumper aligned.

IMG_0011.jpg
Did you use threadlocker on the bolts?

snic2

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
@Washashore I went the same route as you. I'm having trouble getting the 7/4 connector to lock in on the bumper. It seems so obvious that it should just push in and clip in place but I can't seem to get it far enough in. seems like the bumper pad is holding it out to far. Any idea what I could be doing wrong? I want to thank @earsmccoy for hooking me with the harness and connector. Great price and service

Washashore

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SCab Lariat 4x4
@Washashore I went the same route as you. I'm having trouble getting the 7/4 connector to lock in on the bumper. It seems so obvious that it should just push in and clip in place but I can't seem to get it far enough in. seems like the bumper pad is holding it out to far. Any idea what I could be doing wrong? I want to thank @earsmccoy for hooking me with the harness and connector. Great price and service
I ran into the same issue when I cut out the opening to the outline in the bumper pad. I pulled out the bumper pad slightly and expanded the opening with a file until it just dropped in and snapped into the tabs on each side.

Jason L

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 302A
I had the same issue. I used a short flat head screw driver from behind the bumper. Once the connector is in place, you can sort of pry the clip out a bit on each side.

Prior to doing that, any time I pulled a trailer connection out, the whole assembly popped off. Now it seems well clipped in.