Who got the B&O? And where are all the speakers?

Did you purchase the 10 speaker sound system

• Total voters

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Fort Mill/Indian Land area South Carolina
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat Sport and 19 Lincoln MKC Reserve
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
A real B@O costs thousands of dollars. Wife has one in her Mercedes. 5,800 dollar option by itself. Its good. Notthe best
My son in law has B&O in his '16 S8 and it's the best system I've heard in a vehicle. Fabulous vehicle.
Sponsored

Fjsteven

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4x4 Sport
Sound quality is great. Can use some more quantity sometimes. Or I’m just old.

AndyMarc

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
It's not bad. I love the tweeters in the upper corner of the doors. They are at ear level and are very detailed. The bass on the other hand, not so good. Doesn't feel very smooth. I had a Nissan Frontier with a Rockford Fosgate system. It came with a subwoofer under the back seat and sounded great. I would love to combine the Frontier's sub and the Ranger's tweeters.
Then again, I have a high end home stereo so I am comparing it to that, which I probably shouldn't.

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Here I was thinking the Sub in SubVet stood for Submarine. After seeing this picture I'm now thinking it stands for Subwoofer. :)
LOL It is a submarine. The subwoofers are in the corner unseen Hee hee

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone tried the Bullfrog speakers that are offered via the Ford Accessories for Ranger site? Do they work through the vehicle's sound system or through one's cellphone? If I just want to sit on the tailgate of my Ranger and sip iced tea and watch the river flow, the car's B&O system should be plenty powerful with the doors and back glass slider opened, I would think. Or would the one or two Bullfrogs, strategically placed, really make a difference? (I care more about sound quality than volume.) I take delivery in mid-August and am considering getting these external speakers at the same time. Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer!

Truck2019

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Has anyone tried the Bullfrog speakers that are offered via the Ford Accessories for Ranger site? Do they work through the vehicle's sound system or through one's cellphone? If I just want to sit on the tailgate of my Ranger and sip iced tea and watch the river flow, the car's B&O system should be plenty powerful with the doors and back glass slider opened, I would think. Or would the one or two Bullfrogs, strategically placed, really make a difference? (I care more about sound quality than volume.) I take delivery in mid-August and am considering getting these external speakers at the same time. Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer!

My frustration is that you can't play the radio without it turning off every 15 minutes, at least on the Lariat. I may ask the dealer if they can get into Forscan and change the "time out" to 60 minutes. I heard that was the max though. I too like to sit on the tailgate and hang out, but the radio keeps turning off!

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
My frustration is that you can't play the radio without it turning off every 15 minutes, at least on the Lariat. I may ask the dealer if they can get into Forscan and change the "time out" to 60 minutes. I heard that was the max though. I too like to sit on the tailgate and hang out, but the radio keeps turning off!
Dear Truck 2019: Thanks for this comment. I assume that means if we want to listen to hang out on the tailgate and listen to music with the motor off, it is programmed to save the battery by turning off after fifteen minutes. Of course, we have the option of running the engine, but, depending on time, that could get expensive, not to mention polluting. Anyway, in your experience, hanging out on the tailgate, is the Lariat's B&O system good enough on its own to enjoy through the opened doors and windows, or would a Bullfrog or equivalent addition be worthwhile? Regards, Marc

Truck2019

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Dear Truck 2019: Thanks for this comment. I assume that means if we want to listen to hang out on the tailgate and listen to music with the motor off, it is programmed to save the battery by turning off after fifteen minutes. Of course, we have the option of running the engine, but, depending on time, that could get expensive, not to mention polluting. Anyway, in your experience, hanging out on the tailgate, is the Lariat's B&O system good enough on its own to enjoy through the opened doors and windows, or would a Bullfrog or equivalent addition be worthwhile? Regards, Marc
I've only had it in the garage with family and friends hanging out on the driveway and tailgate and I thought it sounded great other than the shutting off part. I think if I can get an hour out of it, I'd be happy. I'm not sure how much power is being drawn with the amp/10 speaker system, but I would think running it an hour would be fine unless you had it cranked up. Others have commented similar issues when going to a drive in theatre. We have a couple around that are fun for the family/nostalgia but I think it would be annoying to have to keep having the sound cut out for 20 seconds while you double click the start button again.

Ric

First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
I am still blown away every time I listen to music in surround mode on the B&O. As a kid, I thought listening to Casey Kasem’s weekly top 40 on a little transistor radio was the best thing ever. I would have never guessed my adult life would be better than my awesome childhood.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
I am still blown away every time I listen to music in surround mode on the B&O. As a kid, I thought listening to Casey Kasem’s weekly top 40 on a little transistor radio was the best thing ever. I would have never guessed my adult life would be better than my awesome childhood.
Dear Friends: Thanks for the advice. I have concluded that, as far as hanging out on the tailgate and listening to music is concerned, there is no need for accessory speakers; the B&O can handle that on its own! You guys just saved me a pile of money, as those things are not cheap! And yeah, who would have thought that getting old would be such a blast! Regards, Marc