First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT and 2008 Porsche Carrera 4S
Occupation
Retired Antique Dealer
Go directly to DeeZee’s site. They have 3 combinations and they look great. Priced at $564.90 including the mounting kit for the 2019 Ranger.
I originally ordered what Carid told me were in stock. They shipped the Boards right away at the beginning of March and told me that I would get the mounting kit in 2 days, next week, another week and so on. All lies because they were made April 30th.
So I got the soaking wet box last Thursday and it was open. Missing the nuts, bolts washers and 1 shim. I called Carid and I could not understand half of what they were saying so I emailed and we went back and forth for the entire week. I asked them for DeeZees phone number and they told me it was not there policy to give out manufacturers numbers. Today I get an email saying to return the (heavy) box to them and they would make the determination if it needed to be replaced.
I had enough as the running Boards have been sitting in my living room for 2 months!
I did some looking and found a number for DeeZee and explained the ridicules situation to Dee. She was so nice and asked me what was missing and said it would go out the beginning of the week. And she did not need to see anything as I bought them and should have gotten them. And she spoke good old American English.

I will post pictures next week when I get them on. And would you believe that this is actually the short version of this mess.

Cheers
Sponsored

djrobb

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Tacoma 4dr Sport Long Bed
Vehicle Showcase
Go directly to DeeZee’s site. They have 3 combinations and they look great. Priced at $564.90 including the mounting kit for the 2019 Ranger.
I originally ordered what Carid told me were in stock. They shipped the Boards right away at the beginning of March and told me that I would get the mounting kit in 2 days, next week, another week and so on. All lies because they were made April 30th.
So I got the soaking wet box last Thursday and it was open. Missing the nuts, bolts washers and 1 shim. I called Carid and I could not understand half of what they were saying so I emailed and we went back and forth for the entire week. I asked them for DeeZees phone number and they told me it was not there policy to give out manufacturers numbers. Today I get an email saying to return the (heavy) box to them and they would make the determination if it needed to be replaced.
I had enough as the running Boards have been sitting in my living room for 2 months!
I did some looking and found a number for DeeZee and explained the ridicules situation to Dee. She was so nice and asked me what was missing and said it would go out the beginning of the week. And she did not need to see anything as I bought them and should have gotten them. And she spoke good old American English.

I will post pictures next week when I get them on. And would you believe that this is actually the short version of this mess.

Cheers
Interested to see how they look on the truck, let us know when you get them installed!

OP
OP
Robert Jay

Robert Jay

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Antique Dealer
Interested to see how they look on the truck, let us know when you get them installed!
I will but sadly I am still waiting for the bag of nuts and bolts .

DHare

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat - Saber; 2020 Ford Edge - Rapid Red
Occupation
Retired
I will but sadly I am still waiting for the bag of nuts and bolts .
I doubt that Carid actually carries much "in stock" but drop ships many or most items from the manufacturer. When I ordered my Dee Zee Hex Steps thru Amazon, the steps came right away from the actual seller. The brackets were ordered thru Jegs (better price) and were back-ordered a week or so. It took 3 calls to Jegs to check on their status, during which they called Dee Zee each time while I was still on the phone and got promises from Dee Zee to mail the brackets out in 24 to 48 hours. On the third call to Jegs, the gal apparently chewed on Dee Zee and told them they had promised to mail them 2 days ago and needed to get them sent, and they actually got sent out that very day. Cudos to Jegs for good follow-up, and boos to Dee Zee.

OP
OP
Robert Jay

Robert Jay

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Antique Dealer
Well your story is one thing and mine is another. Carid was selling items that had not been made yet. After my contacting DeeZee and explaining my purchase 2 months ago, suddenly Carid now has Coming Soon on the DeeZee items that are not yet in production.

But that said, The DeeZee side Boards look great on my truck. They really finish off the look I was going for and now my passengers can get in much easier.

C03EF067-F43C-4111-93BB-C9C69C34100B.jpeg

0FA3D7BF-C77D-4372-BEA6-1AB235335740.jpeg

F7281C5C-AC2D-40E3-8E9D-3EF60B674639.jpeg

427DC919-82EE-46B9-B84C-B48CD2E3A803.jpeg

Jim C

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger
they look great...
How are you liking them?
I just got my supercab, I ordered without RB (glad i did) not really liking OEM ones. I really like the RB20 from go rhino but there are none for the supercab yet, so i ordered the dee zee NXT all black from realtruck on friday, i have them coming in on tuesday.

svache

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SuperCrew Saber, 2012 BMW 328i
Vehicle Showcase
Just wanted to throw in a thank you for this thread. Got mine last week thanks to this thread (and especially Robert's photos) and love them every bit :D

20190621_142351_sm.jpg

Btw, I did get them through Carid as they were quite a bit cheaper with shipping. Thankfully didn't have the experience you had, Robert.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Robert Jay

Robert Jay

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Antique Dealer
they look great...
How are you liking them?
I just got my supercab, I ordered without RB (glad i did) not really liking OEM ones. I really like the RB20 from go rhino but there are none for the supercab yet, so i ordered the dee zee NXT all black from realtruck on friday, i have them coming in on tuesday.
I am loving them my wife feels that they don’t stick out enough for her to use but they look great and we’re an easy install.

OP
OP
Robert Jay

Robert Jay

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Antique Dealer
Just wanted to throw in a thank you for this thread. Got mine last week thanks to this thread (and especially Robert's photos) and love them every bit :D

20190621_142351_sm.jpg

Btw, I did get them through Carid as they were quite a bit cheaper with shipping. Thankfully didn't have the experience you had, Robert.
Glad it worked out for you. The problem I had was only them selling and taking my money for an item that was not available yet. Yours look great too!!

Jim C

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger
ordered mine from realtruck.com & they were great

svache

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SuperCrew Saber, 2012 BMW 328i
Vehicle Showcase
Glad it worked out for you. The problem I had was only them selling and taking my money for an item that was not available yet. Yours look great too!!
Yeah I figured I'd take the chance. Paid with a credit card so I could always get my money back one way or another if they'd rip me over somehow, but thankfully they had everything in stock. The difference in shipping was significant (price we have to pay for living in paradise I suppose).

And yeah, I love every bit of them. They're wider than the ford ones and have a nice aerodynamic look. As added benefit they seem to be able to stop a car door from dinging me, something I believe the regular Ford boards wont be doing due to the smaller width.
Sponsored