• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020.75 Ford Ranger Raptor, 2013 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Senior Eng & Tech advisor
Any information on when Orders will start being taken for the NA 6G Ranger? I've got my 2019 Ranger to keep me going until the new model arrives, so I don't mind waiting as long as I can order exactly what I want!
Probably not until late this year, or early 2023.
Sponsored

Reactions: Doc

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2017 MB GLE350, 2006 Porsche Cayman S
Probably not until late this year, or early 2023.
I rececntly read that it would be May 2023 for Production to begin in Michigan. So now I need to find out when Ordering will Open!

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65 Comet, 2011 Ford Ranger
Occupation
--Machinist
One of the positive things I see is lot's of New Bronco's on the road in Vancouver Canada. Meaning the Wayne plant is able to get the vehicles to the customers. Would like to know the percentage of Bronco's bought off the lot to Vehicles that were ordered.

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
--Machinist
I would like to see the ROW Ford Ranger ordering site up and running. I know the vehicles will be different to what you can order in NA, but it would give more information of how you can option them. In NA they will follow the XL, XLT and Lariat format. With the Raptor and hopefully the Tremor. Let's see if they use the Rattler name. It seem to be an XL or XLT enhanced model.

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜02 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew, '16 Honda Africa Twin
Occupation
Designer/Draftsman
The unveiling of the ROW Ranger was in November for crying out loud. Seriously, how much different will the NA variant be? If I was to bet, Iā€™d say it will be unveiled at the Detroit show the middle of September? I guess with other brands (GM twins and Toyota) working on all new ā€˜23 midsize trucks, maybe Ford is trying to keep the NA Ranger details under lock and key as long as possible? Iā€™m so ready for a new midsize truck!!!

Sponsored

the1mrb

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, XLT FX4
Occupation
Aerostructures Engineer
The unveiling of the ROW Ranger was in November for crying out loud. Seriously, how much different will the NA variant be? If I was to bet, Iā€™d say it will be unveiled at the Detroit show the middle of September? I guess with other brands (GM twins and Toyota) working on all new ā€˜23 midsize trucks, maybe Ford is trying to keep the NA Ranger details under lock and key as long as possible? Iā€™m so ready for a new midsize truck!!!
Different enough to require additional/re-testing. Not only because it'll be different to meet US regulations, but also because there are additional US regulations to design for and test to. These things take time.

Rando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
I would like to see the ROW Ford Ranger ordering site up and running. I know the vehicles will be different to what you can order in NA, but it would give more information of how you can option them. In NA they will follow the XL, XLT and Lariat format. With the Raptor and hopefully the Tremor. Let's see if they use the Rattler name. It seem to be an XL or XLT enhanced model.
The ford.com.au build and price tool for the 23 Ranger has been up for a little bit. You can use postal code 2000 to get into the tool.

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
--Machinist
The ford.com.au build and price tool for the 23 Ranger has been up for a little bit. You can use postal code 2000 to get into the tool.
I looked at the AU site. Its still not showing the full options. Maybe color, price, motor. Not sure if its different in AU but the NA site once up would show all the possible options.

drunkntigr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GLE
I looked at the AU site. Its still not showing the full options. Maybe color, price, motor. Not sure if its different in AU but the NA site once up would show all the possible options.
It's Australia. We get all the shit colours. We get the worst options. The worst seat options, the worst interiors.

Have you seen the interior ford is giving the china Ford Explorer? It's like a spaceship, the dash is literally a 34" screen.

Mark W

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Just returned from the dealership where I purchased my 2019 Lariat. According to them, this is what is happening with the 2023 Ranger

Orders open July 18, 2022
Scheduling begins August 18th
First Job Order October
Deliveries Nov, but most likely December.

For what it is worth. They have been pretty reliable on their estimates previously so I hope they are right

Sponsored

jdavila

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
Just returned from the dealership where I purchased my 2019 Lariat. According to them, this is what is happening with the 2023 Ranger

Orders open July 18, 2022
Scheduling begins August 18th
First Job Order October
Deliveries Nov, but most likely December.

For what it is worth. They have been pretty reliable on their estimates previously so I hope they are right
Are you in the US or aus? Would be delightful if thats info for the USā€¦

WiDirtFishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 - Lariat 2.7
Occupation
RN
Are you in the US or aus? Would be delightful if thats info for the USā€¦
If thatā€™s in the US I have a hard time believing weā€™ll see the ranger this year. I think the original May 2023 leak is more realistic

Hot Runr Guy

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018Escape, 2019 Edge
So they stop making 22's on a Friday, and start making 23's on Monday. Rest assured the 23's are NOT the next-Gen in NA.

HRG

Attachments

Mark W

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Iā€™m in the US. Just passing along info provided to me.

sjl136

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Engineer
Iā€™m in the US. Just passing along info provided to me.
Ford could call both the last of the 5G and the first of the 6G 2023 models, but my bet is the 6G ends up as a 2024. Jeep sold two generations of Wrangler in 2018, both the JK & JL generations were sold as MY2018 vehicles. I have a 5G Tremor that is on its way to my dealer now, and from watching the order updates on the 5G forum, customer orders have been stopped for 2022 on the 5G, so I'm thinking the 5G will continue as a 2023, which is the timing listed above where 2023 5G orders will open again later this year, and then the 6G will go into production in May 2023. Just my thoughts, and now that I've decided to pass on my 5G Tremor order, I'm joining the crew waiting on a 6G. As nice as the 5G Tremor is, I want my 1st Ranger to be a long term vehicle and would rather have the new gen.
Sponsored