First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
31 Ford-20 Ranger Lariat FX4- 19 Ranger Lariat 4x2
Occupation
retired mechanic
Has anyone got their left gauge cluster to display temp gauge and fuel mileage and fuel level to display at the same time? Mine seems to default to tach. Thanks Bret
Sponsored

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
there's not as much configurability as you'd hope for. I personally just don't worry about temp--this thing has so much cooling that it's a non-issue.

samsd

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4x4 HPR, 2016 Town and Country, 2004 Road King Custom
Occupation
Retired
Seems a shame to have all this data available but cannot see it all at once, the right side cluster is for me basically useless. I would like the tach and gears showing on the left all the time like it does in sport mode and the fuel mileage on the right along with the choice to have climate fan and temp on the right.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yes, it would be a huge upgrade if the right side could display the stuff from the left side. note that you can get the gears to display on the right in D by just hitting the up arrow on the shifter.

samsd

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Got that Mike but the tach and gears in sport mode is really cool for me, I know the guys working with Forscan are changing the displays so maybe they will have something.

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Fort Mill/Indian Land area South Carolina
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat Sport and 19 Lincoln MKC Reserve
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I have the tach, gas gauge and miles to empty. I would like to see the coolant temp gauge.
I prefer the XLT dash cluster.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
while I wish I could do more with the right screen, in this truck I actually don't care about the tach--the transmission just handles it, and the truck is never screaming. I see it more as an "I always had this" than a useful data point. ("Yup, still running about 2k rpm." What do you do with that information?) And this coming from someone who's always driven a manual and always watched the dials.

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Fort Mill/Indian Land area South Carolina
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat Sport and 19 Lincoln MKC Reserve
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, the tach is pretty useless.

MSG W

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat everything on it but Chrome Package
Vehicle Showcase
what I was has to do with the dash touch screen. When I use car play and go to the main screen - the map screen is blank if I touch it, it goes to the total map screen. I would like the smaller map as it look in default without my phone plugged in. Anyone found a fix this or is it just me that it bugs :)

Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger 1943 Willys Jeep
Occupation
Retired Engineer
while I wish I could do more with the right screen, in this truck I actually don't care about the tach--the transmission just handles it, and the truck is never screaming. I see it more as an "I always had this" than a useful data point. ("Yup, still running about 2k rpm." What do you do with that information?) And this coming from someone who's always driven a manual and always watched the dials.
Yeah, I have the tach displayed but not for much longer - it's really not too informative (unless you're shifting manually in S mode).

I also agree that the right hand display should do more. Seems like Ford put in in there to balance out the Instrument panel but didn't really have any clever uses for it.

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Oilfield Service Company Area Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, I have the tach displayed but not for much longer - it's really not too informative (unless you're shifting manually in S mode).

I also agree that the right hand display should do more. Seems like Ford put in in there to balance out the Instrument panel but didn't really have any clever uses for it.
I use the navigation, audio, and phone information on the right screen all the time just like I did in my 2015 Explorer. It works great when I have other things on the main 8" screen and I don't have to look over at it, I just look to the right of the cluster while I'm checking other displays during my drive.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I use the navigation, audio, and phone information on the right screen all the time just like I did in my 2015 Explorer. It works great when I have other things on the main 8" screen and I don't have to look over at it, I just look to the right of the cluster while I'm checking other displays during my drive.
Nav does literally nothing if you're using carplay or Android auto. Audio shows a chopped off song title except in Sirius where it's broken. Phone I guess is useful when on the phone (not often). Definitely a missed opportunity.

samsd

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
So we are all saying we have our personal preferences and would like to be able to customize to our liking. My 13 Fusion had climate on the right cluster and it was easier to change temp and fan with the steering wheel buttons.

Fjsteven

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4x4 Sport
My right side shows the posted speed limit even when car play is active. Nice when I’m in a new area but not much more useful than that.

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Oilfield Service Company Area Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
My right side shows the posted speed limit even when car play is active. Nice when I’m in a new area but not much more useful than that.
Don't always trust that either. Posted Speed limit zones aren't updated as often as you would think in GPS/NAV systems.
Sponsored