Adding a aux audio port

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
Yours don't have USB ports? I've got two up front for CarPlay and I also listen to Audible via those ports, then there's two in back for charging which I plug my work phone into.
Mine does have a USB, It does not have an audio "MP3" port which was promised but never installed.
Sponsored

DrRoger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Taurus, 2019 Ranger XL (May 20)
Occupation
Retired
Yours don't have USB ports? I've got two up front for CarPlay and I also listen to Audible via those ports, then there's two in back for charging which I plug my work phone into.
My Ranger only has one USB port. I have only used it so far to charge my phone. I have SYNC not SYNC-3.

DrRoger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
OK folks.
I did a "Rip" using Windows Media Player, Transferred the result to a memory stick, put it in the USB port in my Ranger, selected USB ... AND ... It WORKED
The book started playing
So I now know how to do it.

BUT ... it took almost 5 minutes to "Rip" one CD. Maybe I need to reduce the quality or choose a different format. Will experiment some, but at least I know I can make it work.

THANKS to all you who provided me input.

I love this forum.

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
My Ranger only has one USB port. I have only used it so far to charge my phone. I have SYNC not SYNC-3.
I'm not sure but I believe the base radio has the same head unit as the XLT with the 8" screen.
When I took delivery I asked my service writer if the Sync had the latest upgrade.
He went into the screen and brought some info up.
I was surprised to see that the screen said "Sync 3 version something" (maybe version 3.3???)
Anybody know??

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20' Escape Hybrid,18' Fusion Hybrid
I'm not sure but I believe the base radio has the same head unit as the XLT with the 8" screen.
When I took delivery I asked my service writer if the Sync had the latest upgrade.
He went into the screen and brought some info up.
I was surprised to see that the screen said "Sync 3 version something" (maybe version 3.3???)
Anybody know??
That's the updated 4" system known as SYNC 3 Lite. It's based off of SYNC 3, but has it's own unique items like the HMI being non-touch, I think it uses a LIN interface, etc. Some things are basically identical, like VR for example.

DrRoger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
That's the updated 4" system known as SYNC 3 Lite. It's based off of SYNC 3, but has it's own unique items like the HMI being non-touch, I think it uses a LIN interface, etc. Some things are basically identical, like VR for example.
It would be nice if SYNC - 3 Lite would allow the presentation of my smart phone screen (no control, just the picture). on the display. Then I could stick the phone anywhere and still see my maps.
Sponsored