Threads
Reaction score
Fort Mill/Indian Land area South Carolina
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat Sport and 19 Lincoln MKC Reserve
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Nice but does it have to be inserted on every startup?

Last edited:

Bubbabiker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Supercrew FX4
From what I have read it actually programs the ECM much like using Forscan. So it can be removed after programming and no other intervention is required.

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
From what I have read it actually programs the ECM much like using Forscan. So it can be removed after programming and no other intervention is required.
Nice if it can be used on multiple vehicles.or maybe it's a one time thing which is fine.

mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Supercab, Nissan Rogue

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Last edited:

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
9 great reviews and this one....
All got the green light except this guy.

Jim S. on Aug 14, 2018
GOOD PRODUCT BUT PROBLEMS
I never did get the green light as instructed. When I finally unplugged, I got a couple of messages that were not good. Really concerned but when I drove the truck, the stop/start was disconnected as promised. Still not sure about the messages but will wait to see if all is good. Guess when I take to Ford dealer, we will see if messages show up on their tests.

Good Morning Mr. Jim,
If you are seeing DTCs on your vehicle they are easy to clear and certainly are shorts in communication and not real errors. In order to clear the DTCs you could unplug the battery cables (Keep in mind, some hybrid and ESS vehicles may have 2 batteries, if so you must unplug both batteries). With the terminals on hand and away from the battery, touch the terminal cables together for about 10 seconds. Plug everything back together, wait about 10 minutes and restart the vehicle. Alternatively, the vehicle will enter deep sleep if left alone for longer than 12-18 hours, this deep sleep mode resets all systems, this alone will clear the DTCs. From what I can read on your experience it appears your ACM failed to reset, which is why you received the false negative. I hope this information helps.

Last edited:

Bubbabiker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Supercrew FX4
Like Forscan it's disabling the BMS hence the warning message on the display at startup. Can do the same by simply unplugging the connector from the BMS sensor on the battery.

beetlespin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Supercrew FX4
I used one of their products to add GPS to my 2015 Mustang GT. Worked as advertised.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
If you have an irrational hated of auto stop start then pushing the button is just another annoyance.
I always drive in S mode...no auto start crap and drives with way more authority:like:

Fordguy

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Fixed operation Director Tuttle Click Automotive
Vehicle Showcase
For those who can perform simple wiring tasks, you can just jumper the switch. This is what we do on the Raptors. Cost=0

NordicPC

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
I accidentally killed my auto start stop. I use a laptop for work, and plugged in the charger to the 120v to charge it while I drive from job to job. Even with the laptop unplugged, the presence of the charger keeps it from kicking on. Who knew? Just plug something into the 120v plug and no more ASS.

DrRoger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Taurus, 2019 Ranger XL (May 20)
Occupation
Retired
I accidentally killed my auto start stop. I use a laptop for work, and plugged in the charger to the 120v to charge it while I drive from job to job. Even with the laptop unplugged, the presence of the charger keeps it from kicking on. Who knew? Just plug something into the 120v plug and no more ASS.
Cheap solution for those that have the 120 port. Wonder if it would work with the 12-volt port? Need to give that a try.
Sponsored