Remote Starter

JoedOH

First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
The Ranger I bought did not come with remote start but was told I could add it for $500. I did sign up for Ford Pass when I bought the vehicle and added the app to my cell phone.

To my surprise I noticed Ford Pass will remote start your vehicle. I tried it and it works. Anyone else notice this?
Sponsored

Rick - Saber

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport Ranger 4x4
I do not have the extra option for remote start either. Good to know the Ford Pass via cell phone can start it also. Don't have my truck yet to test this.

Fordmandan87

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT, Supercrew, FX4, leveled
Well worth the 500. You can set the climate control to automatically set the temp to a preset temp or what you had it on last

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
If FordPAss can do it, Eventually, Forscan will be able to enable it on a regular fob (or maybe that's all your missing is 2x250$ fobs?). Guessing you could find some ebay keys and program them with Forscan, it probably works out of the box if you have the buttons.

DrRoger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Taurus, 2019 Ranger XL (May 20)
Occupation
Retired
Yes. Same here.

Washashore

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SCab Lariat 4x4
If FordPAss can do it, Eventually, Forscan will be able to enable it on a regular fob (or maybe that's all your missing is 2x250$ fobs?). Guessing you could find some ebay keys and program them with Forscan, it probably works out of the box if you have the buttons.
Not sure if you can use the remote fobs, Rangers with factory keyfob remote start use a different frequency (902MHz) than the Rangers without remote start (315MHz), so the functionality may not be available in the 315 MHz receiver.

This was identified in the keypad thread courtesy of earsmccoy
- see post # 55 https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/ranger-keypad.1778/page-4
Sponsored