Undercover Ultra Flex Install

Vandave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Ranger FX4 Lariat
Anybody put an Undercover Ultra Flex on their Ranger yet? The rails seems really flimsy to me and don’t attach firmly. When I put the cover on, they rotate inwards and so the cover doesn’t latch. Seems pretty basic to install so I don’t know what I’m missing or if the product just sucks for the Ranger. Appreciate any feedback. Thanks
Sponsored

OP
OP
Vandave

Vandave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Ranger FX4 Lariat
Anybody put an Undercover Ultra Flex on their Ranger yet? The rails seems really flimsy to me and don’t attach firmly. When I put the cover on, they rotate inwards and so the cover doesn’t latch. Seems pretty basic to install so I don’t know what I’m missing or if the product just sucks for the Ranger. Appreciate any feedback. Thanks
All good now. Sorta my fault and sorta messy directions. Works and operates fine so I’m happy with the product so far.

fordman89

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SuperCab, 2014 Ford Mustang GT
Any tips for installing the Ultra Flex? This is the cover I'm planning on getting for my Ranger and I'm on the fence whether I want to do it myself or have it installed.

TGinAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
flagstaffactionshooters.org
Vehicle(s)
Sold '96 Ford Ranger to get a '19 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Retired
Any tips for installing the Ultra Flex? This is the cover I'm planning on getting for my Ranger and I'm on the fence whether I want to do it myself or have it installed.
After screwing with the clamps for hours, I finally got something that kinda worked... but I wasn't happy about it. So I checked with the vendor (TonneauCoversWorld.com), and they referred the problem to the manufacturer (UnderCover), and a problem has been identified and they're shipping an updated bracket kit. I have to say I'm really pleased with the customer service folks and expect the problem to be solved!

So... if the new brackets make the installation as easy as videos I've seen for other trucks, I wouldn't hesitate... install it yourself.

fordman89

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After screwing with the clamps for hours, I finally got something that kinda worked... but I wasn't happy about it. So I checked with the vendor (TonneauCoversWorld.com), and they referred the problem to the manufacturer (UnderCover), and a problem has been identified and they're shipping an updated bracket kit. I have to say I'm really pleased with the customer service folks and expect the problem to be solved!

So... if the new brackets make the installation as easy as videos I've seen for other trucks, I wouldn't hesitate... install it yourself.

I ended up doing the install a few weeks ago but I'm still not thrilled with how the brackets worked out. One looks to have come loose again. They fought me the whole time and kept slipping off. If you don't mind, please post pics of the updated brackets they send. I may have to look into this as well. Thanks in advance!

Howopeeps

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan rouge
Just got my truck today. Plan on putting flex on tomorrow. I have the factory plastic bed liner. Was wondering how I run the drain tubes. I put my hand through the hole and can feel a rubber disk. Do I just remove that and run tube through it.

Ric

First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
I ended up doing the install a few weeks ago but I'm still not thrilled with how the brackets worked out. One looks to have come loose again. They fought me the whole time and kept slipping off. If you don't mind, please post pics of the updated brackets they send. I may have to look into this as well. Thanks in advance!
I spent two hours trying to get three clamps on one rail. In the end, it was a total fail. I reached out to a long time friend who literally can fix or build anything. I’m hoping he can validate my troubles and doesn’t demand I forfeit my man card.

fordman89

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I spent two hours trying to get three clamps on one rail. In the end, it was a total fail. I reached out to a long time friend who literally can fix or build anything. I’m hoping he can validate my troubles and doesn’t demand I forfeit my man card.
There is so little steel for them to bite onto it's maddening. Mine hasn't flown off yet, so I think I'm good. But like I said, the one clamp that fought me the most looks questionable again... But the rails are on tight!

fordman89

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just got my truck today. Plan on putting flex on tomorrow. I have the factory plastic bed liner. Was wondering how I run the drain tubes. I put my hand through the hole and can feel a rubber disk. Do I just remove that and run tube through it.
I have a Line-x on mine and just ran it through one of the holes in the bed. Not sure where to run those on the plastic liner.

Howopeeps

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan rouge
I have a Line-x on mine and just ran it through one of the holes in the bed. Not sure where to run those on the plastic liner.
Thanks for the response. On the factory drop on there are rubber caps that can be removed to get to the tie downs. Thinking about running them down right in to the bed. Didn’t know if there was a better option

Ric

First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
There is so little steel for them to bite onto it's maddening. Mine hasn't flown off yet, so I think I'm good. But like I said, the one clamp that fought me the most looks questionable again... But the rails are on tight!
I could not for the life of me get the rail to stay at a 90 degree angle. It kept tilting downward towards the truck bed. It was absolutely maddening. I have a call into the manufacture to see if there is a simple installation solution.

Ric

First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Undercover is overnighting me four corner brackets which they have added to the install kits since my cover was manufactured. My man card is secure for the moment.

fordman89

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Undercover is overnighting me four corner brackets which they have added to the install kits since my cover was manufactured. My man card is secure for the moment.
Mind posting some pics of these brackets when they come in? I might have got these with mine, but I want to be sure before I call Undercover. I think this might be the trick because it wasn't to much of a hassle for me to keep the rails at 90 degrees. It was getting the clamps to tighten onto the bed rail that was my issue.

Ric

First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Mind posting some pics of these brackets when they come in? I might have got these with mine, but I want to be sure before I call Undercover. I think this might be the trick because it wasn't to much of a hassle for me to keep the rails at 90 degrees. It was getting the clamps to tighten onto the bed rail that was my issue.
Will do!