Who got the B&O? And where are all the speakers?

Did you purchase the 10 speaker sound system

• Total voters

Mustang2Ranger

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Lariat-FX4,4X4,White Platinum; 06 Escape
I got the 10-speaker and I can't find the last two speakers. I see the diagram looks like they are supposed to be in the rear center console? Or is it because there are tiny tweeters located in the rear door speakers? Tried searching
Sponsored

Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger 1943 Willys Jeep
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I got the 10-speaker and I can't find the last two speakers. I see the diagram looks like they are supposed to be in the rear center console? Or is it because there are tiny tweeters located in the rear door speakers? Tried searching
The speakers in the rear door are coaxial and share one amplifier channel. The other speakers are single drivers and have a dedicated amplifier channel. The sub woofer has dual voice coils and is driven by two amplifier channels. The total is 10 drivers and 9 amp channels.

DiscoBatman

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
How do you guys like the B&O. I didn’t get a chance to really crank it. How does it compare to other premium factory systems?

TimberWolf2018

First Name
TW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, crew,
It's the best car audio system I have ever owned, but I fully admit to never having spent significant coin on audio in the past. Maybe a $200.00 am/fm tape deck in my 88 ranger....

samsd

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4x4 HPR, 2016 Town and Country, 2004 Road King Custom
Occupation
Retired
It is a lot better than my $300 Craig Power Play that I had in my $150 1963 Fairlane. All kidding aside, the B&O sounds pretty good but my ears are not like they use to be, to much rock and roll all night cranked way up. By the way, still have my 45 year old Power Play speakers hooked up to a cheap receiver in my shed.

craigth.jpg

Jata

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Toyota Tacoma
Sounds pretty good after making some tweaks to the equalizer. Haven't listened to it long enough to draw a solid conclusion.

SRAces

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2015 Mercedes-Benz GLA, 2004 Mercedes-Benz SLK 230 Special Edition
Occupation
USAF (retired)
Vehicle Showcase
Well worth it to me. Music buff, so having quality sound in the vehicle is a must. Love the sound!

C.moore01

First Name
Colbey Moore
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 escape 2019 ranger
I’ll go against what most are saying .. while it does sound decent I get tons of distortion at the level 20 and up volume at factory settings .. I was expecting a little more out of it

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
It's been a long time since I had an entertainment system where I don't have to increase the bass much at all. The B&O system is almost as good as Lincolns THX II system. I listen in surround mode.

The Bass is Tight and without wallowing in the mix. No door rattling 30Hz Bass drone. It's very flat and needs just a tad boost in treble and Bass.

Some people love the door rattling bass that comes with many aftermarket systems. Me not so much..LOL

ExChief45

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Chrysler Concorde
Occupation
Gas System Operations - Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
I think it is pretty awesome. My 15 year old daughter thinks it is great if that helps.

RobertU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat, 2001 Ford Ranger XLT
Sound is great. Sometimes I wish the dial could go past 30. I’m sure the speakers could withstand a little more juice

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Well worth it to me. Music buff, so having quality sound in the vehicle is a must. Love the sound!
I never buy a vehicle without the best possible sound because...Thats what I do.

STUDIO 2 .jpg

Last edited:

jpboats

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat , Blue
A real B@O costs thousands of dollars. Wife has one in her Mercedes. 5,800 dollar option by itself. Its good. Notthe best

Rick - Saber

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport Ranger 4x4
I never buy a vehicle without the best possible sound because...Thats what I do.

STUDIO 2 .jpg
Here I was thinking the Sub in SubVet stood for Submarine. After seeing this picture I'm now thinking it stands for Subwoofer. :)
Sponsored