Reaction score
Website
www.pmiyoshiphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback16, Ford Ranger 11
Occupation
⭐ tender
Vehicle Showcase
Okay I’m gonna need some assistant, today I was about to add the 2.5” rough country leveling kit but after I read everyone’s posts about the rough country leveling kit on the forum, I decided to back out on installing them. When I started putting everything back together I noticed that this wasn’t attached nicely like the driver side? What is it and how does one put it back? thanks for the help, I could sure use it.
Swaybar?

6304BDEA-A615-484D-9E4E-0CDAFB6092E8.jpeg

E882B02D-FD7C-4A70-9176-32370B62B6C1.jpeg
Sponsored

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like where the sway bar connects to the end links. Also looks like the boot covering it has been "torn" off. A pic of the other side would help as I don't have my truck yet and is this "bolt" part of the end link ?

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
Looks like it possibly separated it's self from the ball end, might need a sway bar link, which might be tough to come by this early in the trucks life.

That ring is supposed to be clipping the bottom of the boot to where the ring is currently sitting. Seems " "someone" may have damaged it during disassembly. Might try pressing it back together, but if it came out, chances are it will either not go back in, or come right back out.

Randy2400h

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Sport FX4, 2015 Ford Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
No offense but your red marker is a bit hard to decipher so I’m just guessing by the pictures themselves. The boot where the sway bar meets the sway bar link got popped off. It’s not terribly difficult to move the c-clip out of the way, pull the boot back into place, and walk the c-clip back into the groove on the boot with a pair of needle nose pliers.

earsmccoy

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Screw XLT FX4 Sport Package & 2016 F-150 Super Crew FX4
On a side note from your sway bar issue, there is nothing wrong with the Rough Country level kit. Ours have been on for 4000 miles which includes a road trip from southern California to Utah including some pretty aggressive off road trails. One member had an issue which, while he is pretty confident that it wasn't his installers issue, really can't say 100%. My wife spends more time off road than on and she/I haven't had any issues at all, just sayin'!

As far as your sway bar issue, just take it to the dealer and have it fixed under warranty. Ford has plenty of the sway bar end links at their depots in Detroit, Memphis, and Sacramento so it should only take a day to get the part.

OP
OP
PatrickM

PatrickM

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.pmiyoshiphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
⭐ tender
Vehicle Showcase
No offense but your red marker is a bit hard to decipher so I’m just guessing by the pictures themselves. The boot where the sway bar meets the sway bar link got popped off. It’s not terribly difficult to move the c-clip out of the way, pull the boot back into place, and walk the c-clip back into the groove on the boot with a pair of needle nose pliers.
Looks like the entire connection popped out, I took the boot off, I’ll have to bring it to the dealership have them reconnect or maybe install a new part!

walker_texas

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14' TRDOR
I second this opinion.

OP
OP
PatrickM

PatrickM

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.pmiyoshiphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
⭐ tender
Vehicle Showcase
I second this opinion.
Sorry boys you couldn’t decipher my marks, never said I was an artist, just trying to get some answers but all said and done! No one here was able to fix the problem! Took it to ford, warranty took care of it. Thanks to all that actually had real answers and not some smart ass unproductive remark!!!!!
I’ll remember not to post advice questions on this forum seems like I get more smart ass comments than helpful answers!!!

pannwfn

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 fx4 level II
Sorry boys you couldn’t decipher my marks, never said I was an artist, just trying to get some answers but all said and done! No one here was able to fix the problem! Took it to ford, warranty took care of it. Thanks to all that actually had real answers and not some smart ass unproductive remark!!!!!
I’ll remember not to post advice questions on this forum seems like I get more smart ass comments than helpful answers!!!
Sorry for your bad experience but seeing as this is a web site you should expect that you're gonna get the good and the bad. Most people here are going to bend over back ward's for you. Keep trying.

greenam33

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4

Seriously? I know I had nothing to do with this thread, considering I don't have my Ranger yet, but after reading through this thread again, nobody was disrepectful. You had an issue, posted about it online where all people can do is speculate and try to help and here you are being butthurt for not getting an answer until a mechanic looked at it. Sounds about right. Maybe you shouldn't post questions anymore...

DHMag

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Crew cab, 22 Wrangler Willys
Steps for internet forums:

1. Notice issue on new vehicle
2. Take said vehicle to dealer for warranty repair
3. Document issue and resolution
4. Post cause and effect on internet forums
5. Grow thick skin for off collar comments

@Robby887

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Robby Woolworth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Supercrew Fx4 xlt ford ranger
Occupation
Fabricator/welder
Vehicle Showcase
I will fix it for you since you are in Las Vegas and install my level lift which will get you a true 3” inches of lift and proper wheel gap front and rear. My kit requires a lot less steps to install compared to other “level lift kits” on the market. My kit has correct geometry and is made with stronger materials for simple install installation with out putting the factory parts in a bind.

F0EB262F-E65A-4224-8D2A-873948C2AA26.jpeg

19D8FA6C-0B11-49DF-8FBC-D1F707070ADD.jpeg

OP
OP
PatrickM

PatrickM

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.pmiyoshiphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
⭐ tender
Vehicle Showcase
I will fix it for you since you are in Las Vegas and install my level lift which will get you a true 3” inches of lift and proper wheel gap front and rear. My kit requires a lot less steps to install compared to other “level lift kits” on the market. My kit has correct geometry and is made with stronger materials for simple install installation with out putting the factory parts in a bind.

F0EB262F-E65A-4224-8D2A-873948C2AA26.jpeg

19D8FA6C-0B11-49DF-8FBC-D1F707070ADD.jpeg
It’s at ford right now, they said they had to order a new part and than replace! But yes I want the lift!

walker_texas

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14' TRDOR
Interesting.

After looking through all of the responses I don't see anything unproductive? In fact, it looks like you had some very productive responses, including mine, backing up Randy's Suggestion about the boot. Happy to see it was handled under warranty. If these end-links are already falling apart with the OE geometry, I would definitely look into upgrading to some adjustable version if people plan to use spacer lifts.

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4; 2015 Toyota 4Runner
I installed the Rough Country Level lift on my truck and now I am getting a fair amount of noise from the front end. From what I can tell its the Sway Bar link. As i rock the truck and watch the components underneath i can see the joints catching instead of rotating smoothly. They don't appear to have any external damage that I can see.
Sponsored