RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Dayam.....Add another $2000 and That kind of money will buy a Lariat in the first place and add about 16 more line items that are different in the Lariat!!
That was pretty much my rationalization for getting the Lariat. It had several things you could ONLY get on the Lariat (LED headlights, heated side mirrors, leather seats, etc) - and by the time I maxed out the XLT with options, it was getting close in price to the Lariat anyway -so I got some things as a bonus. Then I figured I'm going to keep this for a while so I got a pretty loaded Lariat....
Sponsored

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
I wanted and bought a "street truck" so I wanted all the options except for anything to do with 4WD. I think if I wanted to go wheeling, I would have bought the STX or XLT as a 4WD. I wouldn't want to sully the Lariat on the trails But respect to those who take the Lariat off road...not dirt roads but waaaaay off road.
I won't be doing heavy duty off roading, but I will be getting WAY off road on some pretty remote and rough forest service roads when I go hiking. That is why I chose white - it hides the scratches from the narrow brushy roads better....

Neil S

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX
Vehicle Showcase
The LED lights all around on the Lariat were a huge selling point for me. For the price of the Lariat package I felt it was right for me. First vehicle that I didn’t have to mess around with the lighting, great for me.

I want d the extras of this package!

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Fort Mill/Indian Land area South Carolina
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat Sport and 19 Lincoln MKC Reserve
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
The LED lights all around on the Lariat were a huge selling point for me. For the price of the Lariat package I felt it was right for me. First vehicle that I didn’t have to mess around with the lighting, great for me.

I want d the extras of this package!
You can add LEDs to the license plate lights, front side markers and side mirror blinkers.:)

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Oilfield Service Company Area Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
You can add LEDs to the license plate lights, front side markers and side mirror blinkers.:)
Yes, doing that makes them look great. And also the puddle lights can be changed to LED.

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Fort Mill/Indian Land area South Carolina
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat Sport and 19 Lincoln MKC Reserve
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, doing that makes them look great. And also the puddle lights can be changed to LED.
Nice catch, MT. I forgot about the puddles. One of the best LED upgrades.

LightningBlue

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lightning Blue XLT FX4/ 2023 Subaru Forester
Vehicle Showcase
@earsmccoy that was a lot more work than I expected. All the headlamps I’ve replaced have just needed to pop the hood and remove a few bolts lol. Your reasons for not getting the lariat are why I got an XLT also. I just could not stand that gauge cluster. I really really wanted the led headlights though. But $2K is a lot. I am, however, considering.

Rick - Saber

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport Ranger 4x4
@ earsmccoy Thanks for the video and confirming that the upgraded lights are a plug in play swap. Think I will wait a bit before spending that much on lights. Maybe a nice aftermarket set will become available later.

Are those your other videos? Curious if the Kicker subwoofer from the F150 or similar will also fit the LTX Ranger SuperCrew. Was not being nosy, just checking if you had other Ranger DIY vids.

I did not watch through the whole video, but the quality seemed fine to me.

OP
OP
earsmccoy

earsmccoy

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Screw XLT FX4 Sport Package & 2016 F-150 Super Crew FX4
@ earsmccoy Thanks for the video and confirming that the upgraded lights are a plug in play swap. Think I will wait a bit before spending that much on lights. Maybe a nice aftermarket set will become available later.

Are those your other videos? Curious if the Kicker subwoofer from the F150 or similar will also fit the LTX Ranger SuperCrew. Was not being nosy, just checking if you had other Ranger DIY vids.

I did not watch through the whole video, but the quality seemed fine to me.
Yeah, that's also my video of the Kicker install. It is made to bolt directly int the F150 so I doubt it would work.

Rick - Saber

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport Ranger 4x4
Thanks, from what I remember of pictures it looks like there is a similar subwoofer setup for the B&O system in the Lariat behind the rear seat against the cab wall. Did not know if there was a space for a drop in sub in the XLT. I'm sure an aftermarket something will be created eventually for those seeking a little more bass.

OP
OP
earsmccoy

earsmccoy

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Screw XLT FX4 Sport Package & 2016 F-150 Super Crew FX4
@earsmccoy , by chance do you have the pinout for the headlamp connector ?
My apologies for the late response, it's been really busy over here. If you still need it, I attached the pinout diagram that you requested to this response. Sorry again for the wait.

Attachments

DHMag

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Crew cab, 22 Wrangler Willys
My apologies for the late response, it's been really busy over here. If you still need it, I attached the pinout diagram that you requested to this response. Sorry again for the wait.
Thanks, I appreciate it !
Sponsored