Sensible Level

mntbighker

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4
I thought I would start a thread for folks who want to do a leveling setup with no desire to lift or install larger tires. It sounds like springs may be the best method in front to preserve ball joint geometry. I would like to lift the front slightly and also lower the rear if possible. I may be looking into air bladders in the rear for when I tow the small boat I want to get, or carry heavy cargo. I expect this may be a challenge since it's not what the majority of owners seem to want. I was thinking like 1 1/2 inches up in front and down in back?
Sponsored

JoedOH

First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
I too am looking at raising the front end 2.5". I want to keep the original tires and just raise the front of the truck.

Talked to service about this today to find out if it will void my warranty. This came from the service dept where I bought my Ranger. By putting the spacer on if something were to happen with the suspension (springs, shocks or whatever) the warranty would be void. However, anything else like engine, transmission and other things would still be covered. So now I'm on the fence about this mod.

OP
OP

mntbighker

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4
I too am looking at raising the front end 2.5". I want to keep the original tires and just raise the front of the truck.

Talked to service about this today to find out if it will void my warranty. This came from the service dept where I bought my Ranger. By putting the spacer on if something were to happen with the suspension (springs, shocks or whatever) the warranty would be void. However, anything else like engine, transmission and other things would still be covered. So now I'm on the fence about this mod.
Some companies are offering warranty supplements to address this very issue.

FlRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
I thought I would start a thread for folks who want to do a leveling setup with no desire to lift or install larger tires. It sounds like springs may be the best method in front to preserve ball joint geometry. I would like to lift the front slightly and also lower the rear if possible. I may be looking into air bladders in the rear for when I tow the small boat I want to get, or carry heavy cargo. I expect this may be a challenge since it's not what the majority of owners seem to want. I was thinking like 1 1/2 inches up in front and down in back?
Come on, nothing crazy but a slightly more aggressive tire just to fill the wheel wells would look so good. :muscle:

@Fordrangerlifts.com makes a really nice leveling kit that won’t sacrifice ride quality or other stock parts. It is a 3” level but sits slightly lower, pretty much exactly level w/ the rear. I’m gunna have to pick a set up.

OP
OP

mntbighker

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4
Honestly, if I can, I will leave the front end alone. And get a rear lowering kit with air bags for cargo and towing.

Rviator

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A 2019 Ford Ranger of course, and a 2015 Yamaha YZF-R3
Occupation
retired aerospace engineer
Vehicle Showcase
When I get mine no leveling kit for me. With it leveled any load in the back and it'll ride backend low which makes the truck look cheap, and not handle as well, so then you need to add airbags. Its designed high in the rear with progressive rate springs to yield a decent ride and load carrying ability. It probably won't take much load to get near level. Never understood the need for a leveling kit unless to add bigger tires for clearance and its primarily an off roader.

OP
OP

mntbighker

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4
When I get mine no leveling kit for me. With it leveled any load in the back and it'll ride backend low which makes the truck look cheap, and not handle as well, so then you need to add airbags. Its designed high in the rear with progressive rate springs to yield a decent ride and load carrying ability. It probably won't take much load to get near level. Never understood the need for a leveling kit unless to add bigger tires for clearance and its primarily an off roader.
Yeah, I figured I would be adding air bags for cargo and towing. Or I'll leave it stock. No flip kit for me though. It's either springs and bags or stay stock.

rduvall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Altima
At the end of the day, the only option available right now is a front spacer kit. If you want to add air suspension in the rear, it will likely require a new replacement leaf designed to specifically work with the bag setup. While it is only a matter of time, I haven't seen any options for lowering the rear of the truck yet.

OP
OP

mntbighker

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4
At the end of the day, the only option available right now is a front spacer kit. If you want to add air suspension in the rear, it will likely require a new replacement leaf designed to specifically work with the bag setup. While it is only a matter of time, I haven't seen any options for lowering the rear of the truck yet.
Yep, looks like I'll be waiting.
Sponsored