High centered my Ranger.

skibuff

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Escape / 2019 Ford Ranger XLT Lighting Blue
A week after I brought my beloved "Blue Berry" home I set out on a mission to see deep I could get her until I got her stuck. She did great until I high centered the front end. When I got to this section I didn't think I could clear it but saw a group of guys including the nice guy in this Toyota so I figure F-it and gave it a shot.

20190323_134456.png

20190323_134759.png
Sponsored

FX4Greg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon, 2019 Ford Ranger Screw cab Lariot FX4
Did you have the rear differential locked before getting stuck?

OP
OP
skibuff

skibuff

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you have the rear differential locked before getting stuck?
I don't remember. I think I was just in 4x4. It wouldn't have helped. The only thing that would have helped was 3 more inches of cleacle. The front end had snow stuffed in every crack. The a arms, between the frame and underside of the motor .

It was heavy packed snow with deep ruts from all off road toy. If it was soft and fresh I could have probably made it .

John Galt

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius
I did the same thing! No this isn't my first rodeo, i've been off roading my whole life. I wanted to see how far until I got stuck. I had cell reception and the whole day to figure it out. I ended up jacking up the front and putting logs under the tires and it came right out. Only took a couple of hours. I took my pup on a hike before i got out even. Overall a good time. Sad at how quickly it got stuck but it hangs low. Some 32's will solve that. I also sunk my 16 Taco in the mud and flooded the cabin within the first week. That one was an accident. Oddly the engine lost oil pressure from the angle too and knocked like crazy until I turned it off. I had to rip out all the sound material under the vinyl and throw it out, it was gross. So I feel bad for whoever bought that truck and is wondering why its so loud inside.
file3-1.jpeg
file2-1.jpeg
file1-2.jpeg
file-11.jpeg
file5.jpeg

OP
OP
skibuff

skibuff

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awesome Sauce. I've since installed a 2.5" leveling kit and 31" tires. Although I don't plan on doing much off roading or stuff like that. We do occasonally get a foot or 2 of snow at my house so I should be able to escape without plowing if it's not too deep .

I did the same thing! No this isn't my first rodeo, i've been off roading my whole life. I wanted to see how far until I got stuck. I had cell reception and the whole day to figure it out. I ended up jacking up the front and putting logs under the tires and it came right out. Only took a couple of hours. I took my pup on a hike before i got out even. Overall a good time. Sad at how quickly it got stuck but it hangs low. Some 32's will solve that. I also sunk my 16 Taco in the mud and flooded the cabin within the first week. That one was an accident. Oddly the engine lost oil pressure from the angle too and knocked like crazy until I turned it off. I had to rip out all the sound material under the vinyl and throw it out, it was gross. So

Wes Siler

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WesSiler.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2020 Toyota Land Cruiser
Occupation
Writer
Yeah, I've high centered mine already too, while on 265-70-17s.... Needs sliders and a little more clearance ASAP. I also want a skid for the plastic cover on the underside of the transmission.

Rick - Saber

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport Ranger 4x4
I can see getting high centered on snow that deep. :D
Sponsored