Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
19 FR, 13 VB, 95 GS MH, 00 HE
Occupation
County Cemetery District, SAR volunteer
So, it finally happened. Wife was helping grab tools from the cab and she grabs a hold the the five pound hammer, asks me "Is there anything else?" and promptly drops the hammer onto the foot ledge making a nice dent. She looked at me horrified and I simply replied "At least that is over with now."

We pulled into the store parking lot and she casually mentioned that she wasn't the first after all. Looks like a rock or something chipped below the Lariat badge and created a line down the paint on the passenger side fender.

My question to all is, how long till that inevitable ding or dent happened to you?
Sponsored

kaltzbar

First Name
Barret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
So, it finally happened. Wife was helping grab tools from the cab and she grabs a hold the the five pound hammer, asks me "Is there anything else?" and promptly drops the hammer onto the foot ledge making a nice dent. She looked at me horrified and I simply replied "At least that is over with now."

We pulled into the store parking lot and she casually mentioned that she wasn't the first after all. Looks like a rock or something chipped below the Lariat badge and created a line down the paint on the passenger side fender.

My question to all is, how long till that inevitable ding or dent happened to you?
Nothing yet, but that's a badge of honor for a truck!

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase

I had my truck two days when I put a dent in the bed. At least it was working as a truck, though! Since then, I've had a couple of small rock chips and this weekend I took it on some brushy forest service roads and got some scratches on one of the rear tail lights. At a minimum, I think I'm going to apply some clear bra to those taillights for the future. The rest of the scratches didn't seem to persist thankfully.....

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
My bed will get scratched. It's a truck I accept that. If it gets too bad I will spray it or install a bed Rug. I am far less OCD owning a truck rather than a car. It's a truck, not a museum piece!! LOL

If I should notice a scratch or ding, it won't ruin my day. I bought white for a reason....It hides a lot of bad things.

I thought my truck was clean until I washed it....LOL

Last edited:
Reactions: Ric

Rick - Saber

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport Ranger 4x4
Ugh, sorry to hear that Sarge. Better the hammer landing on the truck than her foot. As others have said - dents and such can be a badge of honor for a truck.

I remember in the first week I got my Jetta almost a couple decades ago some idiot not paying attention banged into the back of me in stop and go traffic. Just got back from about an hour long road trip for work, was less than a mile from my place. Could see the guy goofing about when I checked out the rear view mirror. Was thinking that dumb*ss is gonna hit me if they don't mind what they are doing. Then BAM, right into my bumper. Thankfully no damage was done but sheesh.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
My bed will get scratched. It's a truck I accept that. If it gets too bad I will spray it or install a bed Rug. I am far less OCD owning a truck rather than a car. It's a truck, not a museum piece!! LOL

If I should notice a scratch or ding, it won't ruin my day. I bought white for a reason....It hides a lot of bad things.
That was my whole reason for choosing white as well. It hides scratches a lot better than darker colors.

At least I've done better than my last Ranger - I had it 3 days and I had to replace the windshield due to a rock chip!!!

OP
OP
Sarge104

Sarge104

First Name
Perry
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
19 FR, 13 VB, 95 GS MH, 00 HE
Occupation
County Cemetery District, SAR volunteer
I used this and it worked great.
https://www.drcolorchip.com/
Unfortunately my vehicles know I work at an auto parts store. I can mix the paint, it's just putting the paint on the vehicle that is the issue. I'm more then happy helping people get parts for their own vehicles, just working on my own is ...yeesh! LOL!

HighFivenWhiteGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Engineer
One week before I got my first scratch, no idea where it came from. A few days after that someone slammed a door into rear passenger door, left a nice dent and scratch. Since then I have a few minor scuffs that will probably polish out and two small chips from my bike tipping over. RIP exterior! As others have said it's a truck and when used as a truck these things are inevitable. And the blue shows dirt and scratches very clearly, despite being a boring color I completely understand getting white.

The good news is that now that the first dent and scratch are out of the way I can party!

PL1.JPG

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
And the blue shows dirt and scratches very clearly, despite being a boring color I completely understand getting white.
That is the reason I got the Platinum white. I figured if I was going to have white, I want a nicer white than just plain, boring white. I actually really like it. It looks gorgeous in the sunlight. It looks more cream in the sunlight due to the pearl and metallic.

South Florida Ranger

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4
The Dr Color chip system is fast and effective. Can fix the chips in just minutes. I’ll do a before and after on my Lighting Blue to show you.

djrobb

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Tacoma 4dr Sport Long Bed
Vehicle Showcase
Got that ding right under the driver side door handle with less than 500 miles on the truck. Parking lot. Paintless dent guy got it out (Dentless Touch in Alexandria, VA). Said it was a big challenge because it was deep and came to a point.

95D7CFA8-B735-42E4-9C6F-2AD023361193.jpeg
93077BCD-518C-4C1A-929D-05FDD598C597.jpeg

DrRoger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Taurus, 2019 Ranger XL (May 20)
Occupation
Retired

I'll give mine two days.