Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
IT Consultant
Vehicle Showcase
Just installed my SL1 low beams and they are definitely awesome! The installation was pretty much plug and play but a bit annoying to adjust the collars so the led chips were vertical facing. These things are super bright and the you can definitely see much further than the original headlights! Still need adjusting and refinement for the beam pattern but overall I love them!

Thanks to @PandaMotorworks .
Also, want to thank diode dynamics for being responsive to all my questions!

Here are some photos (need more so you can all see what they look like directly in front and the driver view):

IMG_20190411_194930.jpg

IMG_20190411_194934.jpg
Sponsored

earsmccoy

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Screw XLT FX4 Sport Package & 2016 F-150 Super Crew FX4
Did you get new dust covers with these? If not, what did you do to get them to fit? Also, you said that the had to rotate the collar to get the LED chips vertical, I thought the chips needed to be horizontal (facing left and right). Thanks for tackling this!

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Focus ST 2018 F150 Lariat
Try getting a picture of your beam pattern at 25 feet. That is the distance most manufacturers recommend when adjusting headlights. The pattern of the SL1's in my Focus look good that close to a wall, and get worse the farther you back up. Quality built product but I ended up taking them out because I was blinding everybody on the road.

EDIT: Hell, you can see the glare in your original picture. Get a picture at night and you'll see it more clearly.

OP
OP
coblueberryranger

coblueberryranger

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
IT Consultant
Vehicle Showcase
Did you get new dust covers with these? If not, what did you do to get them to fit? Also, you said that the had to rotate the collar to get the LED chips vertical, I thought the chips needed to be horizontal (facing left and right). Thanks for tackling this!
According to the instructions and I also spoke to someone at diode, the LED chips should be facing 3 and 9, so yes left andaright, sorry just used different wording. There are no new dust covers yet, waiting on @PandaMotorworks to finish the engineering on those. Yeah if you perform the collar adjustments on them you should be able to make them fit. Honestly, it was a bit of a struggle at first but I can take a picture later for you.

OP
OP
coblueberryranger

coblueberryranger

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
IT Consultant
Vehicle Showcase
Try getting a picture of your beam pattern at 25 feet. That is the distance most manufacturers recommend when adjusting headlights. The pattern of the SL1's in my Focus look good that close to a wall, and get worse the farther you back up. Quality built product but I ended up taking them out because I was blinding everybody on the road.

EDIT: Hell, you can see the glare in your original picture. Get a picture at night and you'll see it more clearly.
Yeah will get a better picture when I get the chance. I've been driving around with them and haven't noticed the extreme glare really. The sight lines are pretty good from what I could tell. I'll get a picture for you later!

PandaMotorworks

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger 2017 Titan 2008 Ford Focus 2014 Ford Fiesta ST
Like stated above these take a little work to fit but the results are worth it!

We have them on the site!

Thank you

Manny

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
Just installed new Diode Dynamic LED’s in the: third break light, cargo lights and license plate lights, they are very bright and worth the upgrades, it truly was as plug and play as they advertise. These lights were easy to get to; I did not mess with the headlights, way above my pay grade.

earsmccoy

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
According to the instructions and I also spoke to someone at diode, the LED chips should be facing 3 and 9, so yes left andaright, sorry just used different wording. There are no new dust covers yet, waiting on @PandaMotorworks to finish the engineering on those. Yeah if you perform the collar adjustments on them you should be able to make them fit. Honestly, it was a bit of a struggle at first but I can take a picture later for you.
So I assume you are just running them without the dust covers for now?

OP
OP
coblueberryranger

coblueberryranger

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
IT Consultant
Vehicle Showcase
So I assume you are just running them without the dust covers for now?
Yep thats exactly what I'm doing for now. Were you able to get the lights to fit in the housings nicely? I'll post a few pictures tonight of what mine look like.

earsmccoy

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
coblueberryranger

coblueberryranger

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
IT Consultant
Vehicle Showcase
Here are some pics of the alignment I had so far. Honestly this is a bit tricky because I don't have my own garage and kind of just winging it. Really need to find somewhere outdoors up against a wall to tape it out and align. Some wall shots and what a few of the inner collars look like to make the bulbs snug.

IMG_20190415_184029.jpg

IMG_20190415_184034.jpg

IMG_20190415_192156.jpg

IMG_20190415_193011.jpg

IMG_20190415_193024.jpg

me01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RANGER 2019 AU
can you confirm the original bulb type you removed? Model number?

OxyGenIII

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus ST maybe Ranger in a couple days.
So no error codes or bulb out warnings when running LED lights? I have used these in previous vehicles and currently in my wife's 2017 Escape.
H11/H8/H9 LED Headlight Bulbs 1:1 Design Low Beam/Fog light with Fan, SEALIGHT S2 Series Upgraded CSP Chips 7600LM 6000K Xenon white IP67-2 Year Warranty (2 Pack) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07HCZ7RZ6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_N8LjDb9967H3N
They are just like SL1's.

Can you explain the collar situation for me and the bulbs are very small and the small ballast I left inside the light housing on her Escape, I haven't even looked to see how the Rangers are, but a dust cap is a must to keep moisture out and debris. Lastly, with the led chips do they need to be horizontal or vertical?
Sponsored