Tell us about the looks your Ranger gets

pboggini

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lightning Blue XL Ranger 4x2 Supercrew.
Driving to work a guy pulled up to me in a Kia crossover type vehicle. He rolled his window down so I did too thinking "crap, what did I leave on the truck". He said "hey, how do you like it?" I smiled and told him I liked it a lot. He asked about the MPG which I don't really know yet 'cause it's still on it's first tank but the Fuel Economy number from the computer have gone from 6 MPG when I got it to 18.5 MPG now. I was a dope and I forgot to reset one of the trip meters when I picked it up with a full tank so I won't know until my next tank. At the next two lights he kept rolling down his window and he told me that he used to have a Ranger years ago that was replaced by an F150 that got rear ended which is why he's now driving the Kia. He had a huge smile on his face and gave me thumbs up each time.:).

I used to get this kind of attention when I drove my '65 Mustang but never with my Tacoma or my Canyon.
Sponsored

Murphie

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4X2, 2023 Hyundai Santa Fe
Occupation
Financial Auditor - Retired
Driving to work a guy pulled up to me in a Kia crossover type vehicle. He rolled his window down so I did too thinking "crap, what did I leave on the truck". He said "hey, how do you like it?" I smiled and told him I liked it a lot. He asked about the MPG which I don't really know yet 'cause it's still on it's first tank but the Fuel Economy number from the computer have gone from 6 MPG when I got it to 18.5 MPG now. I was a dope and I forgot to reset one of the trip meters when I picked it up with a full tank so I won't know until my next tank. At the next two lights he kept rolling down his window and he told me that he used to have a Ranger years ago that was replaced by an F150 that got rear ended which is why he's now driving the Kia. He had a huge smile on his face and gave me thumbs up each time.:).

I used to get this kind of attention when I drove my '65 Mustang but never with my Tacoma or my Canyon.
Still waiting for my first. :( But I know I'll get one!

FLEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SCrew
Vehicle Showcase
Still waiting for my first. :( But I know I'll get one!
No thumbs up yet but I've noticed multiple people staring at me and talking to the passenger. I'm assuming it was the truck since I wasn't picking my nose :cool:

SRAces

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2015 Mercedes-Benz GLA, 2004 Mercedes-Benz SLK 230 Special Edition
Occupation
USAF (retired)
Vehicle Showcase
I have a lot of coworkers compliment me on the Ranger and ask how I like it. Looked in my mirror one morning at the top of the off ramp waiting to turn right and noticed the driver behind me was taking a picture of the truck through the windshield with their phone...lol! I do get a lot of looks whenever I stop for gas and have had a few "nice truck" comments. ;)

sjeagles

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat, 2017 Ford Explorer XLT
Occupation
Public Safety
Vehicle Showcase
Get so many nice truck comments!

pboggini

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lightning Blue XL Ranger 4x2 Supercrew.
Two more today. This morning at coffee, a guy in the parking lot comes over to talk to my friends and me about it. He was super interested and kept chatting until we decided we wanted to go in and get coffee. This afternoon my son and I stopped at Baskin Robbins to get a milk shake and this guy comes in after us and start asking me about. Turns out he used to do body work for a bunch of Ford dealers around the Bay Area. It's pretty wild getting this much attention for a truck.

skibuff

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Escape / 2019 Ford Ranger XLT Lighting Blue
I walked up to my truck and a guy stopped in a Chevy truck yells at me "back up I wanna take a picture" lol

I let him take the picking and he asked me a half dozen questions and told me he loved it.

I've also had a couple of guys in older ranger speed up and slow down on the freeway following me to check it out.

Last edited:

Ric

First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
I’m getting sad condolence nods from the workers and customers at the repair shop.

kaltzbar

First Name
Barret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve noticed a lot of Jeep drivers turning heads when I drive by them. One with a full off-road setup even pulled up next to me at a light and gave me a thumbs up. My stock truck hasn’t even been on the dirt yet!

TimberWolf2018

First Name
TW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, crew,
I have bought a few new trucks in my life, this is the first own where I am aware and actually notice people turning their heads when I go by.

Roofhopper

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
HVAC Service Manager
Vehicle Showcase
It is pretty wild how much attention these trucks get. Almost every fill up, parts store, or hardware store run ends with an extra 5-10 minute conversation about the truck and asking how I like it, MPG and generally drooling. Like many of the other members I have had several hot rods and customs, but not many have drawn near as much attention as the new Ranger

UncleBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 2WD in Magnetic
Occupation
Retired
I have only had mine 3 weeks tomorrow. I haven't really seen any others around me yet, which is surprising as I am not out in Timbuktoo, I am in Orange County south of L.A. I have only noticed very few drivers who recognized it as a new Ranger and actually looked it over as we passed.

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I had a Tacoma owner flip me the bird!!
Does that count?