DIYAndy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 2019 Ranger XL
Occupation
Content Provider For SPAM
Vehicle Showcase
Low cost backup warning beeping alarm for the 2019 Ford Ranger.

Vendor: WOLO
Description: Loud warning beeping sound when vehicle is in reverse. This audio beeping alarm, along with the backup cam, helps in preventing bystanders, siblings and animals from being run over by a Ford Ranger.
Part #: BA-52
Sound decibels: 108 Db <--- This is very loud - it will wake the dead!
Current draw: ~83 ma. @ 12 VDC
Cost: ~$12
Where to buy: Wolo-mfg Corp., Walmart, Pep Boys, Advanced Auto, Internet, auto parts stores and other third parties.
Comments: Use an inline splice lock connector 18-22 Ga. (NAPA) and slide lugs (connect/disable) to connect to the "green" wire on the (left) brake lights connector.
Mount the device away from the exhaust (on the right) and attach it on the left side near the spare tire.
Make sure you use spiral/lock washers for good ground contact for the alarm device ground negative.
To cut down on the loudness - try putting duct tape or foam material over portions of the device to help reduce or muffle the loud sound.
Disclaimer: I am not responsible for any mishap of the above installation tips - use your own judgement and be extremely careful with the device location and with the electrical wiring! ;)
Sponsored

OP
OP

DIYAndy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 2019 Ranger XL
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Back to school kids are running like H$#L away from my Ford Ranger when they hear the loud beeping backup alarm.:clap:

OP
OP

DIYAndy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 2019 Ranger XL
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Great news … both the SuperBrightLED tailgate lightbar and the WOLO backup alarm works flawlessly on my Ranger XL at the same time. The total current draw total is only 283 ma. and since both devices uses the "white" reverse wiring for both the tailgate lightbar and backup alarm for operation there are no issues in using both devices at the same time.;)
Sponsored