Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Escape, 2016 Odyssey
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
It'd be nice if Lightforce would return phone calls. I tried ordering the switch fascia and some custom switches, but it kept sending me to the AU website without keeping the fascia in the cart.

Left a couple of messages to the US group and no return calls.

Kind of pissing me off.
I don’t think Lightforce US keeps the switches in stock. You probably just need to make 2 orders: the fascia from the US and switches from Australia.
Sponsored

Jrye22

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger lariat
Vehicle Showcase
I don’t think Lightforce US keeps the switches in stock. You probably just need to make 2 orders: the fascia from the US and switches from Australia.
Unfortunately they will not ship to the US from Australia I’m waiting for an order I made I think in March that I was told would come in with a US shipment

Jrye22

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger lariat
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone know the exact switch size I just found out the ones from light force are only 3 amps with won’t work at all for me so I need to find higher amp ones that can fit in

RCMUSTANG

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion 1995 Ranger
Does anyone know the exact switch size I just found out the ones from light force are only 3 amps with won’t work at all for me so I need to find higher amp ones that can fit in
I would a relay if you need anything bigger. You shouldn't rely on any switch to handle that much normally.

Jrye22

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger lariat
Vehicle Showcase
I would a relay if you need anything bigger. You shouldn't rely on any switch to handle that much normally.
I actually have an email chain going now cause they aren’t entirely sure on the amp rating even though the site said 3 amps

bandit67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2007 Saleen/Parnelli Jones 302
Yeah, relay and fuse in the wiring to the accessory. Switch just turns the relay on and off, so to speak. You don't run the actual accessory power through the switch.

Even the factory upfitter switches in say, the Ford trucks, have built in fuses and relays that provide the power.

bandit67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2007 Saleen/Parnelli Jones 302
As a follow up to my earlier post, I finally heard back from Lightforce US and got my switch fascia ordered, and it's already been delivered.

I've since been trying to figure out how to get the custom switches I want built in Australia. Got an email this morning without much info, so I'm waiting for a response to my reply. I expect we'll get this hammered out eventually.

RCMUSTANG

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion 1995 Ranger
I contacted them directly, let them know what custom switches I wanted, then they'll be sent to the USA distributor in the next stock shipment, pay for the switches and Fascia and have them sent to me.

treimche

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SOLD. 2005 S2000
Occupation
Accountant
I ordered the Lightforce switch fascia on May 19th, heard nothing from them about shipping, then it randomly showed up today. I was surprised and pleased all at the same time. Just wish I had a Ranger to put it in.

For custom switches, you can order from https://www.ch4x4.com. That's where I got the switches that are in my Tacoma. I believe the Lightforce fascia uses the "Toyota small push switches" but I can measure tomorrow and verify that.

Manny

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
I contacted them directly, let them know what custom switches I wanted, then they'll be sent to the USA distributor in the next stock shipment, pay for the switches and Fascia and have them sent to me.

You can contact the Australian office directly:
Melody Hawkes @ [email protected]
International Sales Coordinator

and she would ship them to the US distributor for billing and shipping to you.

RCMUSTANG

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion 1995 Ranger
That's what I did..

khyros

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Crewcab FX4
Vehicle Showcase
So I got this in my cart now that I've finally taken delivery of my Ranger (yay!)... I plan on leaving the middle slot blank for the eventual redarc, but the outer two ones I'm still not 100% sold on my direction, mainly because I'm hoping ya'll can help me out first.

The original correspondences in this thread mentioned (and showed) a dual USB instead of the cigarette lighter. But looking on their website, I can't seem to find a replacement for that. Looking on Amazon, there's all sorts available, but I'm not stumbling upon a factory-style swap out. Has anyone else had any luck with that yet?

If so, then I'll just get 2 dual switches for aftermarket lights (I'm thinking off road lights, bed lights (actually an override kill switch on that), aux "camping lights" off the side of the roof rack to light up the camp ground when we show up at midnight, and ??? for the last one). Otherwise I might have to consider putting the kill switch for the bed lights in the bed and/or the camping lights, so I can open up a slot for the dual USB... Or I guess I could just keep using an adapter, but who wants to do that =P.

RCMUSTANG

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion 1995 Ranger
Update. So, I haven't heard anything from them in a few months regarding whether my custom switches were ever made and shipped to the US dist. When you go on the US site for the fascia it says available at delaer. Can't place an order online anymore....

jeffe

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'98 Lincoln MK VIII, '19 Ranger XLT, Magnetic, 2WD CC, Sport pkg, towing pkg, rear locker.
Occupation
CPO, USN Retired, Retired AT&T Field Tech
My dual custom switch shipped on 3 Sept. and arrived today. I dealt directly with Lightforce in Australia.
Sponsored