First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger FX4 Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
Caveats being I haven't taken delivery of my truck yet and since this will be my first truck I'm not as familiar with modifications to trucks.

Reading the comments in the "mushy" brakes thread and separate from full problems with the brake system, it seems as though people would like better brake feel (and perhaps a master cylinder tune can fix this).

Has anyone tried performance brake lines in their previous trucks? Has anyone put them on their Ranger? Is anyone considering a brake kit? (I did see a review/comparison mention that the Ranger didn't have the greatest braking distance)

Something like this? https://www.stage3motorsports.com/F...ainless-Steel-Brake-Line-Kit-0-3-of-Lift.html

Pardon if this has already been discussed.
Sponsored

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
doubt it's the lines, my guess is it's the electronics doing nonsense. I've felt times where it feels like the system takes up slack on the brakes sometimes the pedal feels harder than normal, and sometimes it feels limp. Master Cyl tune maybe, but doubt the brake lines will help.

I had braided stainless on my Focus, but I don't actually know what's on the truck. The braking system has to be good if it can tow as much as it says it can, even with external braking they still need to be up to the task.

RCMUSTANG

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion 1995 Ranger
Stock is rubber. Stainless always helps firm them up a bit.

DHMag

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Crew cab, 22 Wrangler Willys
I had stainless steel braided brake lines on my SHO and they made a world of difference (coupled with a Cobra front caliper upgrade). Of course, I was replacing 10 year old rubber brake lines, so that may have had something to do with it. For something so new, I don't think you'll see much improvement though.

Marty

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4, 2007 GT500, 2015 Mustang, 2016 RAM2500, 2018 Porsche Cayman
Pedders full brake upgrade solution should be on the market very soon. They were shown at SEMA
Sponsored