Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat CC Black FX2 (Wife's), 2017 Rubicon 2d
Occupation
Journeyman Waterworker
Vehicle Showcase
Debating if I want to tally up the current total cost of everything I've sank into the Ranger or not?

Also, drove about 20 miles to get my truck aligned this morning, only to find out, my alignment guy laid out of work today... Took it by the Ford dealer and they told me I'd have to drop it off for an alignment and pick it up tomorrow sometime.... Then, he said it would be $400+ for an alignment, since it was customized...

I said screw that!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Mirage775

Mirage775

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Journeyman Waterworker
Vehicle Showcase
The last few days have been busy and super damn cold for Alabama! Wednesday afternoon, I finally got these way overpriced Method Racing Black Lip Bolts, that I ordered in November. 100 bolts/washers was $150! These things are pure shit! They told me the bolts were Black all the way through, but guess what? They're not, they're F'in silver underneath a very poor powder-coating...

IMG_20220119_155315860.jpg

IMG_20220119_155351601.jpg

Here's what the wheels look like with the stock Silver bolts.
IMG_20220119_165517587.jpg

Here are all said bolts removed.
IMG_20220119_165912622.jpg

And here are the new Method Black bolts installed.
IMG_20220119_170759975.jpg

These Black bolts are much more recessed than the stock ones were, that it's almost impossible to get an open end wrench on them (that's how I found out the new bolts weren't solid Black) and when I used a socket, it removed the powder-coating on the wheels... I do have another idea for these, that I'll have to do some research on before moving forward with it...

The Silver ones are honestly much nicer, just look at the difference below! Kit included 100 bolts/washers and when you're finished, you have a whopping 4 left for spares.
IMG_20220119_171148187.jpg

Same night after I put the lip bolts on, I used 2 OEM bolts and pulled the rear part of the front wheel well liner back into the body. I haven't heard the tires rubbing on the liners anymore in reverse since.
IMG_20220119_180855023.jpg

Last night, my friend at Mazda aligned my front end after hours! I gave him $100 cash, even though he said $50 was fine. I told him, Ford was about to charge me $500 for it, so here's a $100 or do you want more? He was more than happy! He said if he aligned it during normal hours, he would have gotten $16 bucks.... I said, that's BS man! Here are the alignment numbers:

He actually got all the adjustments from the stock lower control arm eccentric bolts. He said the Camber was so close to the recommended specs, that it wouldn't affect it much. I trust him! He's been doing all my alignments for 5-6 years and never let me down!

Camber: L & R -0.9*
Caster: L 2.7* & R 3.0*
Toe: L & R 0*

Control Freaks recommendations for street specs are:

Camber: L & R 0*
Caster: L 2.5* & R 2.9*
Toe: 0*

Next on the list, I downloaded FORScan and got the appropriate OBDII adapter. There's a few things I've been reading about on the FORScan wiki, that sound like they need changing/adding :) I'm running out of things to do to the truck. I'll definitely be taking it to some car shows this year though and just enjoying it!

I have been using Sport mode and also manually shifting it on the way to work and home over the last few days. I wind it up to about 6k, before I shift up and it's amazing!

OP
OP
Mirage775

Mirage775

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Journeyman Waterworker
Vehicle Showcase
Well, a lot of crap has happened in a weeks' time. I had major oil catch can issues last week, filling up the 3oz container within 2 weeks or 100+/- miles of driving!
IMG_20220123_135517027.jpg

IMG_20220123_135830997.jpg

IMG_20220123_145805151.jpg

IMG_20220123_145840868.jpg

After lots of research, I've discovered that in colder weather with humidity, this coffee creamer color will happen and most of the liquid was actually condensation! I checked the can again Monday afternoon and there wasn't much in it:
IMG_20220124_151536322.jpg

I cleaned this out thoroughly Monday afternoon and put the can back on. This time, it felt like the can tightened up another 2-3 more turns that previously! I've driven about 60 miles this week and just checked it a little while ago and this is what was in it today:
IMG_20220129_121521269.jpg

I still have no clue what was wrong with it initially, unless it wasn't bottomed out tight? It was tight though...

Anyway, I contacted Mishimoto about this and got shit for an answer... They replied, but didn't have an answer that made any sense...

I think contacted UPR Products to ask them some questions. Steve Bussius called me and asked me to email him everything that had happened, with pics. I did and over the last week, we've been working together on an issue for late 2021-2022 Rangers, where the upper, fresh air PCV hose has changed location, from the 2019-early 2021 trucks. This is my OEM PCV upper valve cover (fresh air) hose end plugs in at and goes back towards the firewall, then downward to the crankcase connection:
IMG_20220126_144728296.jpg

And this is what my PCV Hose looks like:
IMG_20220106_182439883.jpg

Also, there's a Vapor Pressure Sensor connector missing, on the top, front of my valve cover, that's clearly on the earlier Rangers. Here's what I'm talking about in this pic from their video:
Screenshot 2022-01-29 at 13-12-33 UPR Billet Catch Can Kit for Ford Ranger EcoBoost - YouTube.png

Video link: UPR Billet Catch Can Kit for Ford Ranger EcoBoost!

And here's what mine looks like:
IMG_20220125_145902449.jpg

So, I'm hoping I'll be receiving his "new" kit for my truck next week! This Mishimoto can isn't worth keeping, but if someone wants, it, let me know, but it'll be missing the lower hose, as I'm not attempting to remove that thing again!

OP
OP
Mirage775

Mirage775

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Journeyman Waterworker
Vehicle Showcase
Also, last weekend, I decided to get the FORScan stuff. So, I bought the 3 year license and this OBDII connector from Amazon:
Screenshot 2022-01-29 at 13-26-13 Amazon com OBDLink EX FORScan OBD Adapter Automotive.png

After fiddling with stuff for a couple of days, I made changed to the following:

Service:
ABS Brake Bleed
ABS Module Reset

APIM:
Auto Start Stop - Disabled
Courtesy Wipe After Wash - Enabled
Remote Start Feature - Enabled
Splash Screen - Raptor
Stop/Start Option - Disabled

Bdy CM:
BMS/Auto Start/Stop System - Disabled
Battery Target State of Charge - Changed from 75% to 90%
Courtesy Wipe - Enabled
Courtesy Wipe Time - 3 Seconds
DRL with Parking Lights - Enabled (Great for Raptor grille lights)
Fog lights if High Beam is on - Enabled
Panic Activate - Double Click
Power Point Timeout - 5 Seconds
Remote Start - Enabled

IPC:
Off-road Gauge - Enabled
Welcome Goodbye Backlighting - Disabled

There were some other things I changed, that didn't do anything, so I'll go back on there and remove them.

I looked at my Enhanced Engine Sound through Speakers and it was already disabled? Maybe they did this to the 2021's?

IMG_20220123_082715947.jpg

Screenshot 2022-01-29 at 14-03-09 2021 Ford Ranger Splash Screen changed to Raptor Ford Perfor...png

Video link here: Raptor Splash Screen

I also installed more Carbon Fiber bits, on all 4 doors.
IMG_20220123_083618049.jpg

Rob09

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021.25 XLT
Also, last weekend, I decided to get the FORScan stuff. So, I bought the 3 year license and this OBDII connector from Amazon:
Screenshot 2022-01-29 at 13-26-13 Amazon com OBDLink EX FORScan OBD Adapter Automotive.png

After fiddling with stuff for a couple of days, I made changed to the following:

Service:
ABS Brake Bleed
ABS Module Reset

APIM:
Splash Screen - Raptor

Bdy CM:
Courtesy Wipe - Enabled
Remote Start - Enabled

IPC:
Off-road Gauge - Enabled

There were some other things I changed, that didn't do anything, so I'll go back on there and remove them.

I looked at my Enhanced Engine Sound through Speakers and it was already disabled? Maybe they did this to the 2021's?

Screenshot 2022-01-29 at 14-03-09 2021 Ford Ranger Splash Screen changed to Raptor Ford Perfor...png

I’ve been saying I’m not going to go down the FORScan rabbit hole, but you make it sound easy to use, which isn’t helping mate!

With the fog/high beam one, does that mean they just don’t cut out when high beam is on? Or that they automatically come on, with, the high beam?

Cheers.

OP
OP
Mirage775

Mirage775

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Journeyman Waterworker
Vehicle Showcase
Yesterday got damn cold, but I was planning on working on the truck after work yesterday, when we went to the store to do our shopping and we thought it was cold before we went inside the store, but it was in the single digits when we came out to this!
IMG_20220128_185223600.jpg

IMG_20220128_185130449.jpg

Massive, freezing snow flakes! OMG, it was so cold! That's 3 major snow thingys in January for us and that's bad for North Alabama to have that many flurries...

Anyway, I got some new Fog Lights in the mail. They're Diode Dynamics LUXEON LED Fog Lights.
IMG_20220129_121911535.jpg

I also ordered a CFM Valve Cover Breather, to hopefully help with my catch can issues? I installed it earlier today.
IMG_20220129_121747941.jpg

And I uninstalled my 5-Star, 87 Performance Tune today, after getting 10.5 MPG all week, I figure it was the best thing to do... When I do the math, for the miles driven divided by the gallons, it's 10.5, even though my truck says 12.1 MPG... 57 miles used 5.45 gallons of fuel! That's ridiculous!
IMG_20220129_085809512.jpg

Last week, I had their 87 Daily/Tow Tune installed and I got 15.7 with it, but had downshifting issues with it... Not super happy with 5-Star or their shitty customer service/email returning...

So, at the moment, I'm working with Torrie @ Unleashed Tuning, to try to get some new 87 & 93 Performance tunes for me, but he's having issues with my Strategy Code not working..., that's really odd, that it's not letting him use it? FORScan shouldn't have had anything to do with it, I wouldn't think?

OP
OP
Mirage775

Mirage775

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Journeyman Waterworker
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve been saying I’m not going to go down the FORScan rabbit hole, but you make it sound easy to use, which isn’t helping mate!

With the fog/high beam one, does that mean they just don’t cut out when high beam is on? Or that they automatically come on, with, the high beam?

Cheers.
I'm not 100% sure. I haven't even used my brights, except for bright lighting some asshole the other day, on the way to work, that clearly had his brights on... He never dimmed his after my massive LED brights came on, so maybe he become blind after that happened?

I know I can sit in the garage and turn on the dims, then the fogs. Then pull/push the high beams and the fogs stay on. I also noticed the other morning, that I had my fogs on the night before and they came back on with my automatic lights? I'm gonna say they work regardless of how your lights are configured?

OP
OP
Mirage775

Mirage775

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Journeyman Waterworker
Vehicle Showcase
Oh, I forgot about the issues I was still having with the Control Freaks front drop...? Passengers side does it more than the drivers side, but on hard bumps/dips, it sounds like it bottoms out still. I replaced the longer ball joints bolts, with some much shorter ones, hoping that was the issue, which I do believe was part of the issue, but not all of it.

I've emailed Al @ Control Freaks, twice in a month, without any answer from him, so I'm at a loss...? A lot of people do not have this kit either... I'm wondering if I can get some kind of bumpstop attached to the top of the control arms to limit this noise? There are no signs of metal on metal, except where I replaced those bolts...

Only other option is wait for Belltech's adjustable control arms and their drop coilovers?

Reactions: Doc

Zvedza

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger Tremor, '04 SVT Lightning, '16 ZX-10R

Service:
ABS Brake Bleed
ABS Module Reset

APIM:
Splash Screen - Raptor

Bdy CM:
Courtesy Wipe - Enabled
Remote Start - Enabled

IPC:
Off-road Gauge - Enabled

Love these trucks in all black, looks great & sinister.

Gotta ask the question though, why the raptor dash? Doesnt even seem like an off-road oriented truck to me to justify it, just my useless 2 cents though, your truck.

They do have a ford performance splash screen, but it does flash the cobra badge at first.

OP
OP
Mirage775

Mirage775

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Journeyman Waterworker
Vehicle Showcase
Love these trucks in all black, looks great & sinister.

Gotta ask the question though, why the raptor dash? Doesnt even seem like an off-road oriented truck to me to justify it, just my useless 2 cents though, your truck.

They do have a ford performance splash screen, but it does flash the cobra badge at first.
Cause all the morons I work with, think it's a lowered Ranger Raptor...., even though I constantly tell them the Ranger Raptor isn't in the US....

I actually like the Raptor screen, compared to all the ones I can choose from.

I looked at all the screens, didn't care much for the Cobra one, if it didn't have the snake on it, it would be fine.

The Bronco one is pretty sweet, but not for me.

If they had a Roush something, that would be fine with me?

I wish they had a cool screen for the Ranger though...

Zvedza

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger Tremor, '04 SVT Lightning, '16 ZX-10R
Cause all the morons I work with, think it's a lowered Ranger Raptor...., even though I constantly tell them the Ranger Raptor isn't in the US....

I actually like the Raptor screen, compared to all the ones I can choose from.

I looked at all the screens, didn't care much for the Cobra one, if it didn't have the snake on it, it would be fine.

The Bronco one is pretty sweet, but not for me.

If they had a Roush something, that would be fine with me?

I wish they had a cool screen for the Ranger though...
When searching through Forscan i did see Executive on the list, wonder what that one looks like.

OP
OP
Mirage775

Mirage775

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Journeyman Waterworker
Vehicle Showcase
When searching through Forscan i did see Executive on the list, wonder what that one looks like.
I'm not sure, but I forgot about the ST splash screen. I thought about putting a Black ST badge on my truck.

OP
OP
Mirage775

Mirage775

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Journeyman Waterworker
Vehicle Showcase
Torrie finally got my strategy code to work for the new tune. Apparently it changed once I did the FORScan stuff last weekend....? Anyway, he did an 87 and 93 Performance tune today actually, unlike 5-Star, who hasn't helped me in almost 2 weeks... :mad:

He said the 87 tune would be a 30/50 increase at the wheels, which is pretty nice! If I calculated it correctly, that would be 259whp/314wtq! I think I did my bhp/btq to whp/wtq calculations correctly? I multiplied both number by .85, being that 15% estimated is lost from flywheel to wheels
Sponsored

Reactions: Doc