First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Velocity Blue Tremor Lariat,2017 Honda Civic
Occupation
Technician
Old Smoky. Tennessee's electric chair that executed 125 inmates before being retired.

20211012_160921.jpg
Sponsored

BrassSlinger

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Velocity Blue Tremor Lariat,2017 Honda Civic
Occupation
Technician
I still remember where I was and what I was doing when they showed the chase on the news. Same with the final day of the trial we had the radio tuned to the news to listen to the verdict.
Me too. I was kind of in shock when chase happened. Here is the info on the Bronco on the plaque . Maybe everyone can read it,hard to tell as im posting from my cell phone.
20211012_162249.jpg

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.
Got this shot at the at our local Museum...
"This is not Ford Country" :oops: :LOL: ....

Chevrolet (edited).jpg

Last edited:

KJRR

First Name
KJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Ranger, '14 Ford Edge, '74 VW Type 181
Occupation
Professional Curmudgeon
spent a lot of time in volvo wagons as a kid. mom had three of them over the years. great cars, very safe and reliable.
Bought a '98 Volvo S70 for my daughters as their first car. Bult like a tank. In fact, that is what they named the car and when they were done it looked like it had been in a war. That was probably the best used car I ever bought. Always reliable and had more features than any other car I owned. I did put some work into it to keep it going through both of my daughters driving it (7 yrs and 50k mi), but it took all the bumps (taking out mailboxes), bruises (broken taillight and mirror) and abuse (looked like they lived in the car) they put it through. The car was a year older than my youngest daughter and I would always remind her of that and to take care of 'tank'. Ultimately, she rear-ended another car, and it was a little more work to fix than I was willing to put into it so off to the recycler went 'tank'. Love the European engineering.
There is a happy part to the story though. That is when I decided to let my daughter use the Fusion and I bought the Ranger!

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
Bought a '98 Volvo S70 for my daughters as their first car. Bult like a tank. In fact, that is what they named the car and when they were done it looked like it had been in a war. That was probably the best used car I ever bought. Always reliable and had more features than any other car I owned. I did put some work into it to keep it going through both of my daughters driving it (7 yrs and 50k mi), but it took all the bumps (taking out mailboxes), bruises (broken taillight and mirror) and abuse (looked like they lived in the car) they put it through. The car was a year older than my youngest daughter and I would always remind her of that and to take care of 'tank'. Ultimately, she rear-ended another car, and it was a little more work to fix than I was willing to put into it so off to the recycler went 'tank'. Love the European engineering.
There is a happy part to the story though. That is when I decided to let my daughter use the Fusion and I bought the Ranger!
great story! if i had kids i would want them in tank volvo too. top gear usa from a few years back (the series with tanner foust, rutledge wood and adam ferrar) had an episode where the 3 hosts were trying to find the toughest car, one of the guys took a volvo wagon and it did very well. of course the show is all comedy and all the cars ended up trashed. think the show is still streaming some places.

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
Sorry jeep. Ford did it first.

4029EA4E-204B-4AC6-B13A-2487295FA7B6.jpeg
great pic, and true story! even the "jeep" that made them famous in ww2 was not totally jeep. a large number of them were actually Fords and dodges.

Last edited:

McLeadslinger

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Sport.
Occupation
Aircraft Electrician
That’s true

great pic, and true story! even the "jeep" that made them famous in ww2 was not totally jeep. a large number of them were actually Fords and dodges.