Ranger on the Broken Arrow Trail Sedona, AZ

earsmccoy

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Screw XLT FX4 Sport Package & 2016 F-150 Super Crew FX4
Here is a cool video from the folks at Stage 3. Looks like they were pretty impressed with what the Ranger could do. It was put up a few days ago so if it was already posted then my apologies. Take a look,
Sponsored

Rp930

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ford Ranger Lariat,MB GLK250,’21 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Retired
Finally somebody with a little off-road sense does a review. Very good.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
I watched that last night...great to see how well a stock Ranger managed the trail:like:

Professoriate

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Adidas trail runners
Thanks for posting this – I watched it yesterday and got so excited to get behind the wheel of my truck, hopefully next week!

SRAces

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2015 Mercedes-Benz GLA, 2004 Mercedes-Benz SLK 230 Special Edition
Occupation
USAF (retired)
Vehicle Showcase
Great video!

Pathung

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
I'm surprised that the driver didn't turn on Trail Control - it was designed precisely for that rocky descent; I would've also liked to see him take the truck up that same hill, again with Trail Control. Has anybody used Trail Control in gnarly rocky sections yet?

HighFivenWhiteGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Engineer
Very good video, answered many of the questions I have about what the stock Ranger can and cannot do. Plus it was very helpful to see recommended upgrades that will help for this type of driving, which is what I would like to try doing.

Wes Siler

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WesSiler.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2020 Toyota Land Cruiser
Occupation
Writer
I'm surprised that the driver didn't turn on Trail Control - it was designed precisely for that rocky descent; I would've also liked to see him take the truck up that same hill, again with Trail Control. Has anybody used Trail Control in gnarly rocky sections yet?
Yeah, he didn't use Trail Control (which is really useful going downhill), or Trail Management, which would have employed the electronics to find more traction. Gotta use the systems in modern 4x4s.

Dennis Harvey

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
I spend a decent amount of time off-road in my trucks and it usually involves some fairly difficult areas...mud/ruts, ditches or washouts, steep grades, loose rock, etc. My 2014 Tacoma off-road did very well and I'm confident the Ranger will do equally well once I get the suspension and tires the way i want them, which will be very similar to the way I had my Tacoma built (planning to run same ties on the Ranger, Destination ATs). Once I get the Ranger out and run it on the trails where I hunt I'll follow up with a comparison of the two trucks.
Sponsored