RangerKody

First Name
Kody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Still can’t get my to “activate”. I hit the button and does nothing. Urg. It was working like 3 weeks ago and stopped. So have been trying since then. I guess I’ll have to call the fordpass people.
Sponsored

RangerKody

First Name
Kody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Still can’t get my to “activate”. I hit the button and does nothing. Urg. It was working like 3 weeks ago and stopped. So have been trying since then. I guess I’ll have to call the fordpass people.
I called and spoke with a rep. They are escalating it, but when I was master resetting again she mentioned a modem that might not be communicating. So my first thought was to unplug the battery just like in house WiFi, haha. When I was finished on the phone I unplugged the negative and waited a few moments and hooked it back up and got the fordpass to connect!! Maybe it was hung or stuck or froze so it wasn’t communicating? Not sure but unplugging battery helped!

Lance M Jones

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RANGER
Vehicle Showcase
I had tons of issues getting it set up, but was finally able to after some trouble shooting. Here's what I'd recommend:
  • Remove the Ranger from your FordPass App (Scroll to your ranger in the app, hit 'vehicle details', scroll down and hit 'remove vehicle')
  • Delete FordPass App from your phone and restart your phone
  • Master Reset Sync 3 (Settings, General, Scroll down to 'Master Reset', continue)
  • Wait a good 5 minutes after the reset is complete for the system to settle
  • Ensure that remote connectivity is set to enabled in settings->fordpass app
  • Turn your truck off, open/close the door and wait a few minutes for the truck to fully power down
  • Open/close the door again and start it back up
  • Wait for a pop-up notifying you something to the effect of 'remote communication is enabled, pair a device to not see the message again'
  • Reinstall the FordPass app on your phone and log in
  • Click on add vehicle, and tap the camera icon, scan the vin in the door jamb
  • It should say vehicle found and you should then shortly after see a pop up on your Sync 3 display asking for you to allow the connection
  • Hit yes to any prompts, and you should then be fully paired
After doing slight variations of the above, I got it working.

Good luck!
Thank you for posting this!
My new Ranger had the same problem. But after following your directions I am connected.

Snorebaby

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 SuperCrew, 1996 Ranger XLT Supercab, 2013 XLT F150 (Wife's), 1990 Honda Goldwing, 2015 Honda Goldwing
Vehicle Showcase
I am not having a problem connecting, but the picture of my truck still doesn't show up. It is greyed out. It just bugs me that I can't "see" my truck. Any fixes?

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
I am not having a problem connecting, but the picture of my truck still doesn't show up. It is greyed out. It just bugs me that I can't "see" my truck. Any fixes?
I had seen someone suggest uninstalling the app and re-installing it. Mine didn't appear at first but showed up at some point.

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
Are you going to pay money to have Ford Pass after one year?

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Are you going to pay money to have Ford Pass after one year?
I do not intend to, but my understanding is that it will continue to work on wifi, just not on a cell connection. I guess we will all find out whether that is true in a year's time. It is more of a neat thing rather than a must have for me.

Nick Barber

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat, FX4, White Platinum, Chrome, Tow
Occupation
Program Manager
Vehicle Showcase
My Ford pass app recently stopped showing me vehicle location. Everything else seemed to work as usual. This was after my data trial ran out so not sure if that's related. I cleared app data and signed in then the app prompted me to enter a pin, which I had not set up before, so I'm thinking the issue was due to an app update. After doing all this the app works fine now and shows my vehicle location.

JohnUSA

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4
The dealership tried to set up/activate Ford Pass on the day I bought the truck. Got some internet connectivity error message. Was told "Don't worry, it'll kick in and activate". A week later, no joy. I connected the truck to my home wifi, and performed a master reset. Got a message on my phone asking if I wanted to activate the truck. Clicked "yes", and everything fell in place. Took just a few minutes.

TheFixer253

First Name
Owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger STX 4x4
Occupation
Retired
I bought my truck in April 2020 and set up FordPass on my android the same day. Everything worked fine for a few weeks and I was delighted with the idea of lying in bed on a winter morning and starting my truck to warm it up. Fast forward a month and FordPass started giving me more and more trouble. I did the master reset twice. Uninstalled and re-installed FordPass app on my cell phone twice. Just getting the FordPass app to open was a major time-consuming struggle.

Then I noticed I was having trouble with other apps. I checked the Motorola website and my 4-year-old android was no longer being supported with security updates or operating system updates. Time to get a new cell phone.

Now FordPass works fine and so do the other apps. The old android was the problem. It's something to check if you're having problems with FordPass.

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.
FYI:
I have been getting this message on FordPass Android (Galaxy S9) App. for a week "Sorry, FordPass not responding, please try again later." Called FordPass help and the rep. said a new version 3.19 came out a week ago. Uninstalled existing App. and reinstalled. Logged into FordPass account and App now works seamlessly.
Sponsored