OP

Tyler

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Just got my truck last night. Before I order the Curt hitch, I noticed under the bumper where the ball goes there is a plate for attaching the safety chains. Did you remove that plate or did the Curt hitch fit under it?
The Curt hitch just fit under it. You end up with 4 places for safety chains.
Sponsored

RIRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Vehicle Showcase
I do and I installed it last night. It took about 20 minutes. A second set of hands would have helped but I was able to do it alone. Just need a 24mm socket, an impact/long ratchet, and two C-clamps or vice grips. I ordered from AutoAccessoriesGarage.com. Ordered April 2nd, arrived April 8th.
Just installed it today. As you noted above and in the instructions it says use a 24mm socket. I had to use a 21mm socket, 24mm was too big. Did they use smaller bolts on my truck? I would think on the assembly line every truck would have to have the same size bolts. :question:

Washashore

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SCab Lariat 4x4
Just installed it today. As you noted above and in the instructions it says use a 24mm socket. I had to use a 21mm socket, 24mm was too big. Did they use smaller bolts on my truck? I would think on the assembly line every truck would have to have the same size bolts. :question:
The Curt instructions are wrong, the 21mm socket is the correct size...
Sponsored