Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
It shows the oil filter housing coming off the side of the eng. The yellow thing is a half funnel to direct the oil out away from the eng when you loosen the filter. You are going to loosen the filter a little then wait till it drains then take it the rest of the way off. While you are letting the filter drain go back to eng drain and take it out and let everything drain in the same pan. Easy peasy. :blush:
Sponsored

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
It shows the oil filter housing coming off the side of the eng. The yellow thing is a half funnel to direct the oil out away from the eng when you loosen the filter. You are going to loosen the filter a little then wait till it drains then take it the rest of the way off. While you are letting the filter drain go back to eng drain and take it out and let everything drain in the same pan. Easy peasy. :blush:
My pan is the "normal" sized oil pan, and I can assure you that the oil from the filter and the oil from the pan will not be caught by the same pan. They are like 2' apart from eachother, the pan bolt pointing away from the place where the filter oil comes out. I have a picture somewhere that I can upload showing both locations.

C5C96CD5-08FA-4F37-B958-E7F0722D1EC5.jpeg

6CC1FA49-2991-43FD-886F-E0F6986ECD70.jpeg

yes, those are pink gardening gloves, please don't judge me :)

Last edited:

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
OK then get a piece of tin and extend the range of your pan. LOL Or maybe you should let a mechanic do it.

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
OK then get a piece of tin and extend the range of your pan. LOL Or maybe you should let a mechanic do it.
Well, I'm perfectly capable of doing it, I'm just saying that it won't drain in the same pan at the same time without getting creative with some tin. Also I doubt a "mechanic" cares more about the "oil freeness" of the underside of your vehicle like you do, and decent ones also charge $80/hr. The oil on the ground is what came out AFTER the oil filter was completely drained and removed, and I had left to go get more paper towels.

Why is such a comment even necessary?
Sponsored