Running tally of VIN #, order date and build date by Ranger5G member (2019 MY)

Cshep102

First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat Fx4, 2000 Chevy Silverado 2500, 2013 Ford Focus ST
My order now has a build date of June 3rd, and a delivery date of July 1st.

@kaleb2022 did you get a 4x4? if so, your delivery may be similar to mine since we have the same build week.

Rick - Saber

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport Ranger 4x4
Greets all.

Glad to be a part of these forums. Starting off my first post with info on my Ranger. Just received the VIN this morning, last digits are 58064. Ordered it on April 2nd.

Everything on the Ford vehicle order tracking website is as I spec'ed it. Saber, 4x4, SuperCrew, Sport Appearance Pkg, Spray in bedliner, Tow Pkg, 301A, XLT, etc. The only thing not shown is the Locking Rear Diff I ordered. It is on my paperwork and the salesman said if it was on there then it should be ordered that way, that he has no way to talk with the factory.

Do those of you with locking diffs see it specifically written so on the tracking webpage? Not sure if I need to be concerned or not. Been a few decades since I've owned a truck and this will be my first Ford. I'm excited.

Cheers,
Rick

Last edited:

Cape Cruiser

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
31 Ford-20 Ranger Lariat FX4- 19 Ranger Lariat 4x2
Occupation
retired mechanic
Mine shows electronic locker 1 day and open on the next. My dealer said they ordered it and the tracker sometimes gets goofy.

Rick - Saber

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport Ranger 4x4
Mine shows electronic locker 1 day and open on the next. My dealer said they ordered it and the tracker sometimes gets goofy.
Thank you, Cape Cruiser. That makes me feel a little better. Just wanted to avoid any mix-ups before it actually got put together and shipped. This is my first time ordering from a factory versus buying one that is sitting on the dealer lot.

Cape Cruiser

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
31 Ford-20 Ranger Lariat FX4- 19 Ranger Lariat 4x2
Occupation
retired mechanic
Rick I thought the same thing so I checked with my salesman, he said it was there. I told him if not I dont want the truck.Good luck with your new truck, now the hard part-WAITING

Pjt1021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Occupation
Machinist
Vehicle Showcase
If you guys have trouble seeing your truck on ford pass just delete the app and reinstall it. Thats what they told me and it worked.

Dale

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Escape & 2010 Fusion
Why can't they give you a VIN if they know it's scheduled to be built in April?
Just an update to my saga. My rep hasn’t responded to my last email from a Monday. I called a Ford yesterday and just got someone from probably India who wanted to connect me to the dealership which I obviously declined that offer. I sent the below email mail to what is supposedly the CEO assuming it would be read and replied to by someone but it was early yesterday morning but nothing. I can’t begin to describe how freaking mad I am getting. It took a lot to keep the email polite I wanna scream!!!

Good Morning,

I am really getting desperate for information regarding the new Ranger I ordered 12 weeks ago today (01/23/2019). I am mindful of the fact that this a new product launch and there would be a reasonably long wait time but to date I cannot even get a VIN number from the dealership. I have been researching this and have pretty much discovered the truck should have been assigned a VIN number long long ago and probably produced by now. I read a post recently where a truck was order mid-March and this person had a VIN and a production date of mid-May.

I have spoken to my sales representative, the gentleman who ordered the truck and last week was told he was confident it would be built yet this month and delivered in May but I have no idea what this information is based on given there is yet to be a VIN assigned. I just spoke to a representative on the phone just now who wanted to connect me to the dealership but that’s just spinning my wheels. Everyone at the Auto Nation in Auburn Alabama 36830 has been professional and courteous but I am losing patience to put it mildly.

Regards,
Sponsored