Funny Thing - Active Noise Cancellation

ChrispyKC

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer Sport Escape SE
So we received a Ranger Lariat last week and I drove the truck before PDI. The noise cancellation wasn't active and the sound wasn't being piped in through the speakers. I wish I had recorded the difference. The sound piped in sounds nothing like the actual truck. There's a definite added growl.
Sponsored

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase
I wonder if the dealer has to activate it ?? If they can turn it on, they should be able to turn it off too :thumbsup:

Toytec

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT 302a S/cab 4X4 w/diff lock MG
Occupation
Automotive technician, Retired.
Vehicle Showcase
So Chris during PDI are you installing a white unmarked fuse in the main junction block like we do?

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
Can you post an anonymous picture of this white, unmarked fuse, or is it easy to find? Is it fuse 27?

RangerCat

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
So Chris during PDI are you installing a white unmarked fuse in the main junction block like we do?
@Toytec , you never replied to this question. Is there really a fuse for this or were you pulling our leg? I ask because I don't think I hear any engine sounds when I drive. It's just very quiet. I want to play with it and see if I actually like it or not...

tivct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tremor, Focus RS
@Toytec , you never replied to this question. Is there really a fuse for this or were you pulling our leg? I ask because I don't think I hear any engine sounds when I drive. It's just very quiet. I want to play with it and see if I actually like it or not...
The sound doesn't come in until your foot is pretty close to the floor.

John Galt

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius
I wonder if the dealer has to activate it ?? If they can turn it on, they should be able to turn it off too :thumbsup:
I have seen Forscan code to turn it off. I haven't tried it but is should work. I may dabble in it soon. My active noise sounds like whooshing wind from the back when i get on it. its the strangest sound ever.

Toytec

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT 302a S/cab 4X4 w/diff lock MG
Occupation
Automotive technician, Retired.
Vehicle Showcase
There must be some kind of fuse on Fords and all makes for that matter, to be installed at PDI. Look at all the dead batteries if they didn't!
I can only speak for Toyota. There is one and it just a plain unmarked white fuse that turns on the dome and many other circuits.

mstealth22

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I can't figure out if it is wind, road, or this piped in engine noise, but I hear this swooshing\whooshing sound that I think is coming from the passenger backseat area. If someone know of the ForScan to turn if off, I'll try it out and report back.

RangerCat

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
The sound doesn't come in until your foot is pretty close to the floor.
That makes sense I guess. I just got my Ranger and I have been very careful about keeping my foot out of the gas. :)

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
That makes sense I guess. I just got my Ranger and I have been very careful about keeping my foot out of the gas. :)
Well, if you are doing that, then you aren't having any fun!!!! :crackup:

But yeah, putting your foot into it does ruin the mileage..... But it is so fun to spool up the turbos! I liken it to when I drove my friends supercharged mustang - it was so fun to spool up the supercharger - it made a cool whine.

RangerCat

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat

But yeah, putting your foot into it does ruin the mileage..... But it is so fun to spool up the turbos! I liken it to when I drove my friends supercharged mustang - it was so fun to spool up the supercharger - it made a cool whine.
Oh, I plan to...I just want to get a few mile son her first. Then I'll give 'er hell!

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
I can't figure out if it is wind, road, or this piped in engine noise, but I hear this swooshing\whooshing sound that I think is coming from the passenger backseat area. If someone know of the ForScan to turn if off, I'll try it out and report back.

I think that is a byproduct of the turbo diverter valve. I can't understand why it would make the sound come from that spot in the truck, but I hear it too, and it sounds exactly like the diverter valve when it's modulating to control boost.

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase

Spooling the supercharger on my 04 Lightning was the coolest sound....I miss that truck :crying:
Sponsored