STX Orders

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Older thread but figured I'd chime in since I haven't seen much STX talk here...

I plan to order a 2WD Magnetic XL with STX package, Co-Pilot 360, and a locking differential. I'd like to add the tow package and spray-in bedliner but may hold off on those to possibly speed up the build time. I've seen a few comments on the forums saying certain options have been the reason for holdups. No way to know for sure I guess, but since those are easy add-ons at the dealer I may wait on them.

It seems to me that the STX and Co-Pilot pretty much gets you an XLT minus carpeted floors (which I actually prefer the vinyl anyway), and a few different colors of plastic inside and out (again, I prefer the black exterior trim and could take or leave the different dash colors). Definitely the obvious choice for me.
Hold up on the spray-in bedliner is inconsistent (no issues with the drop-in version). If it was me I would order the tow package from the factory, since its going to be cheaper then getting your dealer to do it.

STX package is a good savings over the XLT if you don't need the 8" Sync 3 Touchscreen. That's only available on the XLT 301A Package and above.
Sponsored

magnet79

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XL STX FX4
Occupation
Bartender
Hold up on the spray-in bedliner is inconsistent (no issues with the drop-in version). If it was me I would order the tow package from the factory, since its going to be cheaper then getting your dealer to do it.

STX package is a good savings over the XLT if you don't need the 8" Sync 3 Touchscreen. That's only available on the XLT 301A Package and above.
I guess I'll have to double check that as the dealer had told me the spray-in bed and tow would be the same costs as factory. And yeah, I'm coming from a 2003 vehicle so even the smaller screen will be a HUGE upgrade!

technological_marvel

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shadow Black Ranger LARIAT FX4
I guess I'll have to double check that as the dealer had told me the spray-in bed and tow would be the same costs as factory. And yeah, I'm coming from a 2003 vehicle so even the smaller screen will be a HUGE upgrade!
My dealership uses a Line-X shop for spray-in liners so the cost is the Line-X job price. Since the Line-X shop here hasn't done any 2019 Rangers yet they said they'd do it for the same price as the 5' bed Tacoma, $509. Not much more cost than the factory-installed $495 option and you get the Line-X guarantee with it, plus Line-X covers the end of the bed at the tailgate whereas the Ford factory spray-in apparently does not cover this area.

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Oilfield Service Company Area Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
Get it in writing that dealer work is the same cost as factory, my dealer is trying to charge me above factory/x-plan for the options that were canceled and told to me that could be done locally.

DBRanger

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX 4X4 2007 BMW 328i
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered an STX with some other stuff, carpet, 101A, splash guards, sprayed in bedliner, still under the base price of an XLT. A little under 30,000 MSRP. Still has a lot of bells and whistles without the 45,000 sticker. Black on Black. Sharp truck, at least in photos. I don't expect it to arrive till June maybe.

Hounddog409

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Vehicle Showcase
How many of you have stx on order?
Late to the game, but on may 1, I ordered.

Supercab 4x4.
Saber
101a
STX
trailer tow
Locking diff.
Sliding rear
Mud flaps.

Will take care of the bed myself.

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
Late to the game, but on may 1, I ordered.

Supercab 4x4.
Saber
101a
STX
trailer tow
Locking diff.
Sliding rear
Mud flaps.

Will take care of the bed myself.
Mine is a 2WD Saber SuperCab STX with the Tow package...
Can't wait to see it someday in person.

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just arranged to get my bed mat, tailgate protector, splash guards, and black stainless tailgate letters from my Ford dealer,
Also have ordered a "Hopkins Insight Brake Controller" because I could not find a satisfactory location for the P3 which I had on the shelf. I have fitted an Armrest/Cooler in the back seat and custom made floor mats to match the truck color. I also have a couple of dedicated double USB ports to install for charging since I only have the one for direct input.
Installed Ford Ovals on the "C"?? pillars as well.

I found one slight disconcerting element in the truck, but it is hardly noticeable...
While I have the "Premium Cloth Interior" and the pattern and upholstery all match beautifully, they failed to sew the white decorative trim stitching on the rear seats. I'm pretty sure its there on the "Sedan".
:inlove:I love the interior color and the fabric, but a small touch like that is just one more tiny hint that Ford sees the Coupe as a redheaded stepchild. Still... no complaint since it took me almost a week to notice it.:giggle:
I still think that the XL/ STX interior is the most aesthetically pleasing of all the offerings, and I applaud Ford for not skimping on quality of the entry trim level as they have so often in the past.
:idea:Of course, the XLTs and Lariats are nice too!:clap:

WOW! Imagine how wonderful it is to have so little to complain about on the finished product, after so many "faux pas" from marketing and logistics! At least they were always patient and polite.:clap:

Last edited:

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
all the manufacturers would rather sell crew cabs for higher margin. at least ford will sell the extended cab at all trim levels, which is more than most these days.

DBRanger

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX 4X4 2007 BMW 328i
Vehicle Showcase
I really prefer the look of the Supercab, sleeker and sportier than the crew, and the longer bed, even though I bought the 'sedan'.

rooster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
STX FX4 SuperCrew
Occupation
engineering systems admin
Vehicle Showcase
I have an supercrew STX with 101A, Co-Pilot, FX4 and Manual Rear Slider.

I prefer the vinyl floor, easy to clean ... after a certain point I can never get all the sand and dirt out of a carpet.

My phone is my primary source of music and navigation... so the smaller SYNC is fine for me.

Once some xlts and lariats end up in the local pick and pull I might grab some snazzy interior trim pieces.

I was torn between the supercab and supercrew. A 6’ bed supercrew option would be great for the next gen.

Hounddog409

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Vehicle Showcase
I have an supercrew STX with 101A, Co-Pilot, FX4 and Manual Rear Slider.

I prefer the vinyl floor, easy to clean ... after a certain point I can never get all the sand and dirt out of a carpet.

My phone is my primary source of music and navigation... so the smaller SYNC is fine for me.

Once some xlts and lariats end up in the local pick and pull I might grab some snazzy interior trim pieces.

I was torn between the supercab and supercrew. A 6’ bed supercrew option would be great for the next gen.
agree on carpet. Carpet has no business in a truck. A big reason why I went STX. And I prefer the smaller screen. I have a large screen in my current jeep and most controls have to be made by touchscreen. I hate everything about that. I would like to turn on heated seats or steering wheel without navigating through a bunch of screens.

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I got a real deal on a Line-X bed liner installation, so I stopped the order for the bed mat and tailgate cover.
The bed liner looks great and looks like a good choice.... I do hope so!

TacoHawkRanger

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Sport; 2013 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
Occupation
Site Developer, USAF
Throw me in with the STX crowd! Honestly, the FX4 was the big selling point for me. I'm not too worried about a big screen, long as it's readable. The only thing I really wanted that doesn't come on a XL is the adaptive cruise control.

All in all, in today's market, a 33K 4x4 off road package truck is almost a steal!

Funny side note, my dad was annoyed when I told I'm picked a base model until he saw what's included. He was amazed that it was basically an XLT without the badging...
Sponsored