Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XL
Occupation
Factory Automation Engineer, Auto School Grad, Car Audio Tech
Vehicle Showcase
1F6725BE-3CBF-402B-A3A6-4B890E26385B.jpeg
Don’t do what I did. Bought 1/2” wheel spacers only to realize that the studs only stick out 1/2” without spacers. Fail!
Sponsored

uthunter

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-350 CC & 2019 Ranger Lariat Sport & 2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac - SuperCharged
Don’t do what I did. Bought 1/2” wheel spacers only to realize that the studs only stick out 1/2” without spacers. Fail!
I had to put spacers on my Sport Trac but they came with studs mounted inside the spacer to keep the the original length to the wheel. On a previous vehicle I just bought longer studs and pounded the old ones out and put in the longer studs. Not too big of a deal.

OP
OP
OC4095

OC4095

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XL
Occupation
Factory Automation Engineer, Auto School Grad, Car Audio Tech
Vehicle Showcase
I had to put spacers on my Sport Trac but they came with studs mounted inside the spacer to keep the the original length to the wheel. On a previous vehicle I just bought longer studs and pounded the old ones out and put in the longer studs. Not too big of a deal.
Yeah I wasn’t prepared to put new studs today. I’ve done them for other reasons before.

jmw0404

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah I wasn’t prepared to put new studs today. I’ve done them for other reasons before.
Are you saying the factory studs are only 0.5" long? I have not pulled a wheel yet. I'm thinking about adding a 1.25" spacer to fill out the wheel well but don't want to trim the studs. If I have to trim, Ill just save my money and buy new wheels.
Sponsored