OP
rangerdanger

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
@FX4Greg pointed out a fatal error in my X Plan calculations, however like the game of Monopoly this bank error is your favor, meaning I under counted the discount!

I updated the original post.
Sponsored

RIRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Vehicle Showcase
@FX4Greg pointed out a fatal error in my X Plan calculations, however like the game of Monopoly this bank error is your favor, meaning I under counted the discount!

I updated the original post.
Also, you don't need to join MCA 60 days prior to purchase, just make sure you have at least 60 days left on your membership prior to purchase. A quote from the current MCA President on February 24, 2019 states "as long as the expiration date on your card is 60 days or greater away, you meet the X plan requirement."

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Make sure your dealership participates in the X Plan program. It's voluntary so not all dealerships offer it.
The best part of an X plan is that all the cards on the table are face up...no negotiations. I get 4 X plans a year to give away as a Ford retiree. Rarely do I use all 4, but it is a good deal if you get one...the dealer must provide you with a copy of their invoice, which shows the price you are going to pay in a box on the invoice. X plan....about 5% above dealer invoice.

DannyL

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT CA Special. Ordering a Ranger Lariat FX2 Supercab in February 2020
Thank You So Much for the Post!!!
I checked with my Ford dealer and I can use this discount!
It is also good with what ever discounts, incentives and rebates there currently are.
I'm stoked!!

Kiran Goveas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger XL Saber
Just got a pin from the X-Plan website. I also registered to the mustang club forum, but I do not see where I should go to get the associate membership and needed membership card (for 25$). Am I missing something obvious? Also, will I be able to get X plan pricing with just the pin and online proof that I am an associate member of the mustang club? My ranger will be ready to be paid for/picked up in a few weeks time and I am worried that the card will not come by then.

(BTW, I confirmed with my Ford Dealer that they do accept X plan Pricing).

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Oilfield Service Company Area Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
Just got a pin from the X-Plan website. I also registered to the mustang club forum, but I do not see where I should go to get the associate membership and needed membership card (for 25$). Am I missing something obvious? Also, will I be able to get X plan pricing with just the pin and online proof that I am an associate member of the mustang club? My ranger will be ready to be paid for/picked up in a few weeks time and I am worried that the card will not come by then.

(BTW, I confirmed with my Ford Dealer that they do accept X plan Pricing).
upload_2019-5-30_11-6-20.png

As long as you have the receipt that shows you have your membership through the 90 days you'll be fine. I just printed my e-mails from MCA and the PIN when I used mine and was worried my card wouldn't show in time but it did so I had that too. I'm sure your dealership won't mind just showing the receipt you paid for membership.

Sarge104

First Name
Perry
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
19 FR, 13 VB, 95 GS MH, 00 HE
Occupation
County Cemetery District, SAR volunteer
Just a word of thanks for the info others have provided. Was a bit worried I would not be in the 90 day window but delays in production put me well past that point. Was an easy decision to join the Mustang Club and knock thousands of dollars off the cost of a new vehicle and get bonus tickets to car shows to boot!

DannyL

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT CA Special. Ordering a Ranger Lariat FX2 Supercab in February 2020
Thank You So Much for the Post!!!
I checked with my Ford dealer and I can use this discount!
It is also good with what ever discounts, incentives and rebates there currently are.
I'm stoked!!
So after several discussions with the sales rep at my nearby dealer it appears that with the x-plan it takes about $1200 off the cost of a basic Lariat Supercab with the tech and tow package. It also appears that I will get an additional 2K off in either incentives, rebates or other dealer discounts.
At least that is what I asked for and they are agreeing to it.
I will be going over to place my order for a build in the next few weeks

OP
OP
rangerdanger

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
So after several discussions with the sales rep at my nearby dealer it appears that with the x-plan it takes about $1200 off the cost of a basic Lariat Supercab with the tech and tow package. It also appears that I will get an additional 2K off in either incentives, rebates or other dealer discounts.
At least that is what I asked for and they are agreeing to it.
I will be going over to place my order for a build in the next few weeks
Make sure the $2K in incentives are not just for the month of June, and that you qualify for them.

Typically you only get incentives that are available when you take delivery, not order.

DannyL

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I went through this topic.
I was told and got it in writing that I will get what I'm asking for or less if anything better comes along between the time the contract is submitted and actual delivery.
On top of that I can back out for what ever reason without penalty. Seems they like my build and feel they can sell it on the lot if I decide to pass on it.
I feel quite comfortable with these guys.
I bought my 2013 Mustang GT CA Special new from them back in 2013.
It only has 40K miles on it and is mint. They want my trade pretty bad too :D

ddtcm81

First Name
tc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Occupation
armed service
How do you get the I.D?

Last edited:

atowildcat

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Not sure if it's been covered, but the DAV also offers X-Plan. Currently they are offering $1000 incentives (on top of other rebates) as well. For all of the Veterans out there - it's worth checking out. Thank you for your service!

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
I just ordered a '20 XL w/ the STX package along with a few other do-dads. I ordered from a local dealer that I have dealt with for over 30 years, and this being my 9th new vehicle I have bought for them. They basically gave me the X-Plan even though I don't have it. So, I was happy.

Of course I received the incentives I was eligible for. And, like always if they go down I'm grandfathered in for those, and if they go up I get them. Now, that's a good deal right there.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone in Hawaii get x-plan? I can’t get anyone dealership to respond to me.
Hi Tako,

X plan is not given by the dealership...it is part of the plan system that is given by certain organizations. For example...You join the Mustang Club and after 6 months, you qualify for X Plan. The process generates a PIN starting with an X X plan is roughly ½% above dealer invoice, but the dealer must show you the invoice for the vehicle you wish to purchase...below the Dealer Price is a box labeled X plan and this it your price for the vehicle...no negotiation All Cards are face up with the dealer on an X plan. I get 4 new plans a year to give away, and rarely give more than one or two a year, so if you can find a Ford retiree, he/she might be able to help you. so far this year, I have had no takers in our area but I will keep them just in case. Hopefully this makes sense to you. I recommend you search these forums for X plan for more info....

By the way...a dealer does not have to participate in these plans...he/she can refuse to honor any of these plans entirely or selectively... No honor on any Mustangs or Ranger Tremors for example.

best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Sponsored