Mud Season

technological_marvel

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shadow Black Ranger LARIAT FX4
Well it's mud season up here in New England, when nearly every dirt road turns into a rutted muddy mess and can't be navigated without a 4x4 and you can do plenty of "off-roading" on otherwise perfectly normal (dirt) roads. I took my Ranger down a few this weekend and had a blast. I didn't spend a lot of time out there but I did throw her into 4-HI and tried out the terrain management mud/rut setting. I was able to cruise down a few rutted mud roads at 35mph without any problems, even when it started sliding all it took was a little throttle to straighten her out and get back pointed in the right direction. I've got to say, the FX4 4x4 is all I could have asked for in this truck. Has anyone else gone out and played in the mud?
Sponsored

ebFX4

First Name
Eber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger FX4 - 5G
Well it's mud season up here in New England, when nearly every dirt road turns into a rutted muddy mess and can't be navigated without a 4x4 and you can do plenty of "off-roading" on otherwise perfectly normal (dirt) roads. I took my Ranger down a few this weekend and had a blast. I didn't spend a lot of time out there but I did throw her into 4-HI and tried out the terrain management mud/rut setting. I was able to cruise down a few rutted mud roads at 35mph without any problems, even when it started sliding all it took was a little throttle to straighten her out and get back pointed in the right direction. I've got to say, the FX4 4x4 is all I could have asked for in this truck. Has anyone else gone out and played in the mud?
Nice! I envy you. It's tough to find an inch of land that isn't private or protected here in the Bay Area. There are a few stops I need to hit though.

I did hit 4-hi a few weeks ago. During the rain, in a few inches of mud.

This FX4 Is my first 4wd - and yeah. She took it like a champ. I was impressed with how much control I had with the Hankooks.